Scrubbies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Are we able to keep Scrub Pythons in Vic? If not does anyone know why?

Yes we are allowed to. If you are just a beginner, its not the right species to begin with in any case. You should have the species code book if you are licensed. It tells you what you can and cant keep!

thanks for that I'm away and don't have my list, and the list on the DSE web site doesn't list them.

This was one that someone rescuded , measured 18ft , true measure , relocated and hope never to see mankind ever again .

looks like that tail is the thing making you smile there. :)

Not me , just someone who relocated the big thing . Personally , i'm not that silly !

How big do they usually get? Looks like he's having a hard time handling it, they must be pretty strong.

He was having a very hard time , scare the crap out of me . Just after this photo was taken , it started to tighten up around him . Quiet silly, no stupid for a photo pose eh ! :lol:

Christ , you just dont realize how big some get do you unless you see them up close ( if ya lucky in the wild and about 20 metres away) or in the arms of some bloke about to be sqeezed.

Tims at URS looks like that one. I dont think they are allowed to handle it on their own.

rockman: Wow!! That is a fantastic looking snake!!! I want one now haha.

What is their temperament like??

It was fairly placid , considering . I don't think at that size that they fear much at all . The power is just incrediable , i'm not small by all means but i couldn't get it off . I squeezed the end of its tail and that made it free up for a second . Pretty stupid think to do for a photo eh !

haha as long as someone else was there to help.

I used to have a carpet python (not huge or anything) but having that one around my neck walking aroud the house, it was a pretty strong grip!! I could only imagine what that scrubbie would feel like!!

What little I've had do with Scrubbies is enough. They are not known for their loving nature. lol

peterjohnson64 said:
Tims at URS looks like that one. I dont think they are allowed to handle it on their own.
He had them out when I was there last (about feb 05 ) and I walked next to the female and estimated it at 5 meters. An animal at that size should have at least four people ready to handle it.

You've got it all wrong Casper...they're VERY loving....they love to cuddle....and kiss....

hi what area did that one come from we helped a beauty like that to saftey a couple of weeks ago it had taken the familie cat lol
he was 4. 7 meters and he knew he was too, when i thought i could trust him and let his head go for a pic he was fine for about 3 mins then he tasted human
at 5.2 meters what a handful good to hear he was realesed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back