Tully Jungle.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heres a pic of a female tully jungle, Not a real good pic but you get the idea.

Hey TrueBlue, whats the diffrence between a tully and a parmeson?

She should breed this season, but I only just realised its one that a member of this site got off me so its not mine any more and I should of asked his permission first.
oops.

Oh about 50kms. na seriosly you can get many forms in both areas, and most forms in both areas, just some are more common in certain areas, much the same as coastal but coastal are far more variable in colour and pattern.

hey rupes.. Quote: ?
The man to talk to about Jungles would be BROWNS, im sure he will jump at the chance to part with some knowledge once he is awake...lol i think he would be the resident jungle expert.

G'day Ben,i'm far from an expert but know a bit,i think it might be sometime before everything is known about all forms of cheynei,but there are many knowledgable people on the subject.Obee knows his stuff if he could only contribute in a constructive manner,and i know there's a few others on this site that can explain a few things as well.

There are so many different localitie where cheynei originate and most have something distinctive about them in that you can pick certain traits from different localities but there are always exceptions.There are jungles found around Innisfail,Palmersto,Tully"Tully gorge",Mission Beach,all through the Atherton Tablelands and their draiage systems,Port Douglas and i have even heard of them found in the CBD of Cairns.

Some Athertons have great black and gold/yellow colouration while others can be quite ordinary looking with a creamy to brownish colour.Black and Golds also throw offspring that never colour up and some do.The black and golds also tend to fade in colour generally around the 3 year old mark but not all,and through selective breeding people are breeding animals that hold their colour well as adults.There's a pretty good read on wild type cheynei on moreliapythons.com from People that live in and around the guts of the cheynei distribution...it's under Australian View from memory and the thread titled Area Form jungles.

There is also another very distinct form of cheynei found in a very few specific areas and these are commonly known as Black and Whites...some are absolutely stunning and some aren't too flash but found in quite small areas where as far as i know there are no other cheynei such as black and golds.They are also known as Cape Tribulation jungles,but not necesseraly only found there.A couple of other places are Julaten on the Atherton Tablelands and the Daintree.These cheynei are fast becoming my favourite.

I could go on a bit more but a little hungover at the moment.Would love to hear some input from a few others on the subject

True-Blue , you should listen to everyone else , you might learn a few things about jungles :lol: Only kidding :wink: , unfortunatly you probably have forgotten more then most people know !

hey trueblue are you breeding the jungle in your avatar this season?
and if so i wouldnt mind the details thx daniel

Yes, but Im only talking about what I call true jungles, the mini lowland rainforest type, which seems to be restricted to the lower palmerston out to the coast and south to bettween tully and cardwell. ssssnakeman has grouped them all together which is fine as athertons and the like are still regarded as cheynei.

The one in the avatar is a palmerston and will breed for the first time this season. Heres a better pic of her.

TrueBlue, do you know if the jungle in your avator is from Kieren Aland bloodline? Has very similar skull marking to two of mine which are.

Just took this pic now for your interest. Could breed her this year, but think I'll hang on until next year when she's a bit bigger.

What about this ugly looking thing ? OOPS :oops: , I don't think i could have made that any bigger if i tried . Can some-one explain how to re-size it before anyone / everyone has a dig at me , please . :roll:

lol why the heck not post a pic of ym jungle while every1 else is! Her mother is daintree form (just south of cairns) and father from just north of cairns. I am hoping to get a male daintree this coming season from the same breeder but differnt parents, but i ahve been offerd a male buy some other people to breed . .. her she is

Trueblue - That Jungle is insane.. hatchies $800?

Snakeman - I like your Jungle, can't get much more 'solid' black than that. Should produce some interesting offspring.

Hi Spike,
The Daintree is well north of Cairns (not south). Your snake is a nice looking Atherton (not a Daintree carpet).
Matt

hmm i should of added im not 100% sure on there locations thats what i was told, im pritty sure she is not a atheron but i will email the breeder and see if he got me mixed up with another perosn or somthing, oh and i not to farmiliar with the jungle species, i dont think im firmilair with any species 8)

junglerob,- no not his strain. These are Dave from pilbarapythons strain. Sorry made a blue before the second jungle is mission beach not palmerston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back