Problem with ADSL modem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I got my new router from my ISP today and connected it according to their step by step CD-ROM now the only thing is the bastard dosen't work :evil:
I have used the line splitter to go straight into my wall socket and have connected one line to the router and one to my phone line I have also tried both the Ethernet and USB cables but still the "DSL" led light on the router isn't lighting up.
I have tried ringing the company but the wait on the phone is about 40 minutes and i dont think the router will last that long as it is about to be drop kicked over my back fence.

Can anybody tell me what i might try to fix it?

P.S have installed drivers etc and it made a LAN connection but the speed isnt enough to load a web page :evil:

i've just hooked up with aapt and had exactly the same probs.
best bet is to ring at odd hours ie midnight or sumthing as you'll get straight through...i noticed on one thread a lot of us are up at 3am! Trying throughout the day is hopeless. my usb cable just didnt work so Im using the ethernet cable and havent had a prob since.
The ADSL must be switched on first before the computer as this will cause it to malfunction.
I have a big sticker on the top of my laptop.....remember to breathe......

Yayo, which line did you connect the filter, the phone or modem? Also you might not be connected to the adsl service as yet. They usually send the modem earlly so you can set up and have it ready once your account and service is up and running.

there should be 4 lights on the modem.
Power,
Status - should blink slowly
ADSL (or DSL ) should be on if connection to internet OK
Ethernet should be on if connection to computer OK

to me it sould like the connection isnt getting tough or isn't setup by telstra.
Also try without the filter, just in case.

Thanks for the replies guys

I think i will need to ring the fruit cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back