Snake vault

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nvenm8

Reaction score
for those who are interested? Here are some snap shots of my snake vault/room, still a work in progress but getting there.
Stats- steel and wood frame, lined with steel mesh, R3 insulation, 11 double power points inside and air conditioner.
Steel door to be made and some painting and i should have a fairly theif proof room? well should slow them down enough for me to get there with the baseball bat :D
The order is wrong but you should get the gist of it.

will be a while, funds are a bit scarce at the moment. But will post finished pics .

may i ask what you are going to keep in it? albino rough scaled pythons?

only if you got a spare 6 mil . . . lol seriously whats going inside

Great set up there, first class idea.

Try to get some fresh air for the air conditioner, as they don’t like it over 50 Degrees Celsius
It might get to that temp in the shed on a 40 plus day, a running A/C will only make the shed hotter

just a thought

shiner

You could always use a split system A/C

Thanks shiner, the shed is 18 meters x 9 meters so heat build up is fairly controlable. Will be venting the shed as well, as i work in there.

No worries then nvem8,
I thought the shed would have been locked up through the day,
I just hate the idea of any one loosing their collection

Spike14 said:
only if you got a spare 6 mil . . . lol seriously whats going inside

I will be keeping all my reptiles in there, except the display ones in the house. I consider all my pythons valuable enough for this much protection. I don't have anything special in the way of species.
Black marketeers don't really care what they take.
The whole room is being built as for-thought so that as my collection does become better i have it covered. :)

shiner, this is a work in progress- there is always room for ideas and criticism, it will only benifit the reptiles.
Cheers

Wow awesome, but ya shoulda turned the shed into a whole set up, you know ya going to fill that room up quick smart!

Nice work, well done!

looks good, well done. are you just going top heat the whole room instead of individual enclosures?

Cool, well done, but I agree with pugs, you should of done the whole shed as theres only enough room there for one scrubby. :wink:

i would put the snakes in the rest of the shed and use that room as a walk in incubator.

just that would take more money to fix the shed as well :)

That is awesome!!! Good work...you have got me thinking now....If only I had more room, like a big fat shed like that. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back