gustav

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
This is Gustav,,not sure how old this is as ive just been emailed it.. a nile croc from the congo area, was more than 18 foot long and is
said to have eaten hundreds of people...a true monster of a croc
baz

There was a Nat Geo documentary on that croc, they were trying to catch it alive and put it in a park. From those pics it looks like the locals took care of it their way.

peterescue said:
Still, if you dont have room for one of these big Africans how about a dwarf.
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/cnhc/csp_otet.htm

I think youve got enough nastys over there peter without importing dwarf versions !!
croc.gif

i think its big for a nile croc
The largest crocodile ever recorded was 9 metres (30 ft) on the Norman River in northern Queensland, Australia.
so 18 foot would be a normal size for a salty, but im no expert
baz

There was a Nat Geo documentary on that croc, they were trying to catch it alive and put it in a park. From those pics it looks like the locals took care of it their way.

i saw that, i don't think he was called gustav though.

wasn't there a massive saltwater crocodile that they deptcharged thinking it was a japanese mini sub in darwin harbour?

andrew

I think the biggest recorded wild croc we've had here in darwin was sweetheart at 17 feet, she liked to eat dinghy's.. with people in it. She now resides in the darwin museum... stuffed.

Snake_Girl said:
Not meaning to be a downer but why do people still go swimming where they know is Croc's and the croc's do what they know to survive

In this case I believe the locals used the waterways for fishing, washing, and drinking water, and as such sort of hard to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back