YAY I got my lil man at last!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well i finaly got my M/D, i could hardly sleep last night from the excitement. Here are some pics of him taken with my webcam ( they arent great quality but soon i will post some digi cam pics) I called him Jebediah.

Thanks Kersten, I got him at 10 o'clock this morning and havent been able to put him down till 5 min ago. i thought id let him get aquainted with his new luxury home. all he did was go up the back and go to sleep, slacker, lol.

Congrats Snake, he's stunning mate. Keep us posted with his progress.

Well at least you know he likes it! :lol:

lol yeah. he hasnt snaped at me yet, im kinda hopin he wont eva, i guess thats prolly a bit to much to ask. lol

Awwwww....he's so cute, kinda makes me almost wanna get a little one of my own...Then I think about how they could bite me! :D

lol thats true snoozie but it is worth it in the end, Its been a long time coming getting this snake, i wish id have done it years ago.

is it normal for a M/D hatchling to look kinda redish like a bredli?

is it normal for a M/D hatchling to look kinda redish like a bredli?
my first snake was an md and yes they can have redish colour, mine did. for a short time i thought that md's were a bit on the boring side . things have changed, i now have a pair and they are great.
enjoy,
cheers.

nice looking snake. but i thought you could not handle them for the first week or so?
everytime i go to change the water, be it only once since i got mine the otherday or to check the cage for "pooH"
my little one "Horatio" goes into attack mode?

is this normal?

yeah i don't know if it is normall but i think so my childreni that i got a month ago did that for the first 3-4 days then didn't worrie but she still is a bit snappy when i get her out

cool, so i am not doing anything wrong, i just cleaned more pooh out then and he let me pick him up. I am actually more scared of him at the moment, first snake i have owned. scared i am gonna hold him too tight or something.

i guess is he's going to the toilet then thats a good sign, you know, kinda like if a small child wasn't poohing you'd be worried... i hate kids. but that asidei put a towel around the tank as it's all glass and mesh. maybe that'll coax him out abit more, rather then hiding in the bloody hiderock i bought him.

*grins*

at least he let you pick him up did he strike out at nothing or at you mine did and took wo weeks before i tried to pick her up i fed her three times to let her settle down befor tryinmg that !

umm, well yesterday he struck at air when i lifted the rock because i thought he'd gotten out ( i plugged all gaps in the tank with rolled up gladwrap, thats a wee tip from Mary McGregor) and he fully had a snap. That scared the **** out of me.

but tonight i thought i'd change the water and i lifted the rock to have a check on him. he kind got into attack mode, then moved off. i saw pooh, moved it away so i could pick it up then thought i'd try to pick him up. he let me, but i think he was annoyed, coz he looked like he was gonna swing round and bite. so i kinda yelped and dropped him down.

I'll leave it till his feeding time monday/tuesday and see how he goes then

I'm Jase by the way *handshake*

hey hayden !
well mine she bite me like 5 times the first time i pick her up but ya just have to bear it and not flinch (i was proud of myself when she first bite me and i didn't flinch or pull away !)
yeah i left her for a while and i was told that if they bite you and you put them down next tym they might do the same so you put them down so i jsut let her snap at nothing but when im by myself in the room she settled down realli fast but when athers are there she strikes ! you have a caramel childreni yeah ? (seen in other post i think ) and trust me they don't hurt when they bite !

yeah, he's a Caramel.

he's having a wander round the tank now. i'm watching him drink.
i have taken better photos of him too, trying to work out how to upload the photos to here again

well i have never seen mine drink she allways stops moving when she sees me watching your lucky !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back