Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think theres any real reason to continue catching from the wild, we have most species in captivity already, so why not work with what we already have & if it doesnt survive in captivity then its better off left in the wild !

What states can you get catcher licences in ?

No point threatening him unless you report him, I reckon. Otherwise you're just reminding him to be more careful and giving him opportunities to get rid of the animals that he shouldn't technically have.

LMAO!!!! That is absolute gold! Serves the moron right! If he does have other animals on lisence he'll lose all of thm too.

Well done Mr Bredli, hopefully your message was loud and clear. In most cases thou it really doesn't sink in until they get reprimanded and prosecuted.

Someone from another site contacted that guy selling the monitor, he is 13 or something so nothing would happen to him if he didnt have licenced animals :(

I think something should be done to make petlink responsible for all the illegal animals they advertise. They dont even have a disclaimer saying they dont exept responsibilty for all the illegal ads. Surely there are some laws against this sort of thing :?

it wuld b great if you could get a collectors licence here in qld, i would love 2 have some more carlia sp in captivity

well done people like that need to be caught. I just dont understand why they would risk the fines and possible jail time. why cant they just get their license, like all of us law abiding Herpers. its not like its hard to get

cris said:
Someone from another site contacted that guy selling the monitor, he is 13 or something so nothing would happen to him if he didnt have licenced animals :(

I think something should be done to make petlink responsible for all the illegal animals they advertise. They dont even have a disclaimer saying they dont exept responsibilty for all the illegal ads. Surely there are some laws against this sort of thing :?

wow, 13 and he has Class 2 animals, cool, though nothing to unusual about that really. I notice he seems to have got it on license as its back up on petlink.

Good work but I gotta agree that Cwarren72 would be right...... He would be stupid not to release it..... Next time maybe co-ordinate with NSWPWS to bust him together.....

Oh well I am sure you have scared him....

Well, i thought he would have been scared too, but obviously not, as he has re-listed on Pet Link. I'm not a rat, but fair dinkum this guy is an absolute idiot and deserves to have the book thrown at him.

MrBredli said:
NPWS aren't the enemy .

Yeah... sure seems like they're reasonable judging from this response.

"If you cannot get the licence details at the time of the transaction the
transaction should not go ahead. By not being able to supply this
information you have breeched conditions of your licence. Please send a
statement attached to your fauna record book as to why you do not have the information we
require and why you have breeched conditions of your
licence."

Honestly, I don't even know what is going on here. I couldn't have been more reasonable in explaining my situation, and I get nothing but authoritative BS. What do they expect to happen with such a half arsed licensing system.

ARGH! I'm so pissed off right now.

Could you imagine what would happen if their response to everyone of these types of letters/emails was "No problem, we get this all the time, just send a letter explaining what happened and we'll fix it up for you." People left right and centre will be buying GTP's, Woma's & BHP's and 'losing' the transaction details. Do what they have asked and i'm sure you won't have too many hassles. They have to appear to be taking a tough line on this sort of thing for the reasons above. But we're only talking about a couple of Beardies here.. i'm certain you won't hear too much more about this.

Manny, write it down properly, sign it and date it. They are covering their butt and you are covering yours. That letter becomes then a legal document.
They arent asking you to jump through hoops. seems pretty easy to me.

I understand that, but i'm sure there could have been a more subtle way of handling it. I just felt as though I was the one made out to be doing something illegal.

Oh well done! I hope the offender gets busted big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back