New Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourett

Reaction score
I haven't posted anything for a bit because I've been so busy.
So I decided to show some pics of the new enclosures I'm building.
It is 2000 x 2000 x 600. the centre walls are removable (90%) 10% stays for support.
I am putting 4m 15 watt heat cable in grooved area and putting 500x 500 ceramic tiles over the top.
The doors are going to be all glass with no timber frames for muck to get into the corners.
The idea is to too make cleaning easier, so less edges or corners for poop to get stuck in.
I am going to put my 2 yearing Olives and 2 older Diamonds into it.
When the olives get bigger I can just remove the centre wall to give them a 2000 long enclosure.

Looks good. Nice work.

What are you doing for ventilation?
Cupboard ventilators are simple to install and effective if well placed.

Only thought I have is that I hope you don't have to move it much. I have a 4x4x2 foot enclosure and It was horrible to get it up a flight of stairs and through doorways. Looking good so far. nice curves for the heat tape.

What are the advantages/disadvantages with using heat cord in this manner???? Do you still require a heat globe/lamp (for pythons!) or other sources of heat????? Does it matter if the heat source is coming from above or below the python????? I like the idea of the heat cord but a guess I'm trying to establish wheather or not its adequate as a stand alone heat source?????

Lance

Cat be still (name the movie!)

the movie is BAD BOY BUBBY hahaha i love that movie
flow these are the 7th wonder in the world lol :lol:

Well done Tourett, it's coming up really well. Love to see it when your finished.

Just a queary How will you go with the heat Transfer though the wood into the enclosure below? You will have to show us updates as you are going

Me be pop now!

I can't say I loved the move! But it does have some great one liners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have an opinion on the heat cord questions??????

munkee said:
Only thought I have is that I hope you don't have to move it much. I have a 4x4x2 foot enclosure and It was horrible to get it up a flight of stairs and through doorways. Looking good so far. nice curves for the heat tape.

I'm going to put it on fridge wheels so is easy to move.

lanceinator said:
What are the advantages/disadvantages with using heat cord in this manner???? Do you still require a heat globe/lamp (for pythons!) or other sources of heat????? Does it matter if the heat source is coming from above or below the python????? I like the idea of the heat cord but a guess I'm trying to establish wheather or not its adequate as a stand alone heat source????

I will still put in fluro light, but I think this is more than adequate as a heat sorce and alot cheeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back