My New Childreni Pythons...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KathandStu

Reaction score
Well today I met two of the lovely regulars on this site & bought from one of them a lovely pair of male adult Childreni pythons. They are hereby re-christened Spike & Xander (yes I am a dork! :roll: ) They are delightful, placid & beautiful animals & I feel very lucky to be able to give them their new home. Here are some photos of the boys in their new home. Enjoy...

Kath

100_0444.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0447.jpg

100_0443.jpg

They look great, congratulations. My daughter now wants to come and live with your snakes, cause her fav colour is purple LOL

Yeah the purple background in both of our enclosures sure does look good (plus they match & show off the snakes to their best advantage!) Tell your daughter purple is my favourite colour too! Hurrah! Thanks. :)

Nice pythons, obviously you're not among those people who like to make the enclosures as close to their natural enviroment as possible. :lol:

Rennie said:
Nice pythons, obviously you're not among those people who like to make the enclosures as close to their natural enviroment as possible. :lol:

Actually Rennie I am, though I can see why you would think otherwise from the abouve photos! :D 'Zar's enclosure is really jungle looking (with a purple background :oops: ). The childrenis are new purchases & so I haven't had the finances spare to "queer-eye" their enclosure yet. Rest assured though they will eventually get "realistic" hides, branches, vines & other paraphenalia. :p For the moment they will just have to deal with living in what looks like a pimps pent-house! :D

Kath

nothing wrong with that Kath especially if they are happy and healthy. But it does pose a question i've never really thought of until now but is snakes vision similar to ours or in different spectrum like dogs? Sorry to vere from the orginal post..

Thats cool, I'm not having a go. I'm all for newspaper, a ceramic bowl, a cardboard box and a couple of branches. Much easier to clean. I tried "natural" looking enclosures for a little while but they require more effort. What you have there looks good and is practical! :lol:

i like the one in the first pic looks like he has a stripe!
nice!

Beautiful Childreni pythons, Kath. The enclosure is different than the norm but definately eye catching. Well done.

I shall have to hunt up a photo of 'Zar's finished enclosure so you can have a look-see Rennie. I know you weren't having a go, I got the :D at the end. :) . It looks great (the au-natural look) but you are right about it being a whole heap more work to clean etc. Luckily for us we only have "pets" & so the number of snakes will (by necessity if not desire) remain reletivly low. *pout*

Snow1369 said:
i like the one in the first pic looks like he has a stripe!
nice!

ARRGGHH! A stripe! Oh NOES! :D SHhhh...don't tell anyone or the seller will think I ripped her off. *giggle* We all know how desirable "sort-of stripes" are. :)

Thanks for the compliment though Snow. I love those little guys already. :)

Kath

dam why did i got for the all natturall look if it's harder but how is it harder i don't realli need to clean it that often but i've onli had my childreni for a month or soo !

I find it's taking everything out every time you have to change the newspaper the most annoying bit. The once every few month "spring clean" is a pain too but not as regular. It does look better than the more sterile (or pimpy) ones tough, in my opinion. Don't really think the snakes care but *shrug* I guess it ends up depending if your enclosure/s are part of your furniture or just a place to keep the snakes. :) Either is ok.

oh..i see now ohh well looks good though!
(but she doesn't seem to make a mess either ! )

ohh...also forgot too ask how old are these guys and how bigg?

Um...well they are about 3-4 years old (I think - I will have to double check with the seller) & Xander (the larger one) is about 120cm long & 4cm in diameter at the widest, Spike is shorter (maybe 1m?) & more slender too.

WOW! they both look bigg hope my male(when i get him in 2 weeks(or so)) gets too 110+ and the fem if im luky 1+
the one in the firs pic is very nice! (r u planing on breeding (if you have a fem)? )

Nah. No breeding here (well other than the usual human type! :D) I just want pets so breeding doesn't really appeal. Both the childreni are male (gay snakes or just house-mates?) :p And we think even 'Zar might be a boy! I am in a house as the lone female with 6 males! AARRGGHH! LOL

I find it's taking everything out every time you have to change the newspaper the most annoying bit.

Kath & Stu, it only get worse the more you get :twisted:
At least children dumps aren't to large and overly messy. I run my trio on aquarium gravel as an alternative and it works fine and is easy to clean (boiling water and sun drying) but all my other herps are on the good old newspaper for ease of cleaning and hygiene. Plus the size of the BHP crap is amazing :shock: compared to a childrens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back