Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
The other day one of my children's pythons got out. My breeder female. so i set a couple of traps for her using f/t rats as the bait. One was just a bird cage with the rat inside, the theory was she would get inside eat it and then not beable to get out. The other, many of you guys may not like this one, i tied a rat onto a piece of string. i left these over night and came back this morning and nother, nada, zip!

So i went to the pet shop and bought a live weaner rat to put in the bird cage trap, just because the f/t were getting smelly. I got home open the box, the rat jumped out and broke it's neck on the floor! So back tothe pet shop to get another one. Foolishly i left the door open to my room.

I got back with the new rat walked toward my room and there, just outside the door was a regurged rat with a string attached to it. So no doubt my snake is now long gone into the garden somewhere. If i had of stayed home and not worried about getting a new rat or just LEFT MY DOOR SHUT, i may have still been able to find my snake. :x

she may not be in the garden yet. After eating mine usually like to hide some place warm, out in the open in a garden wouldn't probably be their first choice.

DAMN
im serious ill come over and help you look :) (sorry not right now but 2morrow :) )
HOPE YOU FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have torn my room to pieces! And she is gonna be real angry after regurging her food, so where ever she has gone she is likely to have gone there mighty fast! Think i'll go get drunk... it is a public holiday after all.

funny enough, my female breeder childrens escaped not long ago either, i spose its not that funny but i was looking forward to breeding her aswell, sucks ay

Sorry to hear the bad news Waruikazi, I hope you find her soon. She'll probably pop out when least expected, they usaully do.

Keep your chin up, hopefully she'll show up soon.

mate it will be there somewhere you can nearly bet on it. Look under and in your lounges and all cupboards, remember they like small places

When our 4 foot coastal got out we fond her hidden inside an old shotgun cartridge box measuring no bigger than 10cm x 14cm x 5cm. We thought we would never find her and ripped the shed apart. There she was hidden snugly in a tight little box.

You'll find her mate.

Good luck with the search. One new hiding place I discovered recently was the cavitiy created by the front panel on the dishwasher :shock: (nice and warm) Actually had a 10ft plus snake squeeze in there and only noticed as the sheet metal "popped" resulting in a noticable bulge :oops:

well just to ad another story of a person finding thier lost snake
this one was my fault i left the lid off the tank for my file snake (this was back when the tank was outside)
it creeped out over night i looked all throught my yard and in all surounding nieghtbour yards and thier ponds and then just as i had givin up, in fornt of my house someone on my street was yelling out to me and thier was my file snake in the middle of the road getting bittin by heaps of green ants :( the guy that found him said that he was about to go home an gat the shovel but he has saw me looking around earlier and thought it might be my pet...lucky he saw it and didnt run it ova!

see there was good end to that story! hope yours ends happylly to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My childrens got out the other day and i didnt even know until i went to have a shower that night and tried to pull the glass shower screen back and couldnt , she had wedged herself between the glass.
Of all the places she could have gone she managed to find one of the coldest places in the house.
Your snake could be anywhere.
EllasbdayandSoccer093.jpg

Livewire said:
Sorry to hear the bad news Waruikazi, I hope you find her soon. She'll probably pop out when least expected, they usaully do.

Keep your chin up, hopefully she'll show up soon.

HAHA I FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!!! or she found me!

This morning when i woke up with a raging hang over, i grabbed my towel and went to have a shower, i got my jocks off :oops: threw them on the floor and they started moving! Up rose a crazy snake head with about five coils ready to strike out and bite me! I wrestled with it for a good two and a half minutes... ass naked got tagged on the hand a couple of times but oh well :wink:

But yeah talk about least expected place!

On a serious note i really should not have let this happen, imagine if my mum or dad found a snake in the garden thinking it was the one i lost only for it to turn out to be a brown snake or something. Just not on i tell you. I'm gonna have to lift my game considerably i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back