Ven Pics Part 2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsly

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, so last time I posted some Tigers Red Belly and Brown shots, well got some more great shots of the brown today, but also Death adder, Broadheaded, Copperheads, Red Bellies and the Rough Scaled.

Hope ya like the pics, thanks Bob for your hospitality again, always a fun experience!

737938124ed62ca43b7d4d8a57058fb4.jpg

b90b2357aeb81bb64910f6789eeaf064.jpg

Copperhead

930ee3918d751650ee65eb38fac2c2c2.jpg

An unhappy brown!

5592972281b0543383b490f215ef4476.jpg

And ceasar - Very photogenic for the second most venemous snake in the world..

c2edadaf8cce96e2e96d68034dc89650.jpg

70f6d8d8ca82054eda0f14e60943efa2.jpg

5df211d69ba7821b3d515150e291c2d6.jpg

That bloke just amuses me no end. Beautiful photos once again Steve. Saves me buying National Geographic.

Hey, When's your book coming out. COFFEE BOOK OF AUSTRALIAN REPTILES

LOL

Yeah i should get to doing that one day... Got about 50 CD's of photos to start with lol.

Yeah Bob is a legend!

Why isn't the rough scaled snake being free handled? Surely if your man enough tofree handle adders and browns why not them?

I didnt handle any of them. The keeper did.

You always have to start something dont you.

And if you must know, it was being freehandled.

Lol

This aint about freehandling. What he does is his business. Its just a thread to show some nice venemous snakes. Thats it.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'd just like to know what people get out of free handling venemous snakes? I've kept plenty of elapids and there's no secret to handling a captive raised animal, it's just a game of chance. The thing I always find amusing is that it's usually done to try impress people (Ray Hoser style). I think anyone would agree someone who plays with a loaded gun or drives a car at 200km per hour to impress someone is a complete fool so how is handling a snake that can kill you in minutes with one bite any different?

Nice Baz gorgeous Tiger.

Splitmore, he has owned them for a long time, if you had seen handle them you probably would too. Im not gettng in to an argument about it. He held them so I could get some nice photos for the QLD emergency Service actually. They are updating a book with some pictures of Venemous snakes and I was happy to send them. What he does is his business not yours..

Nice photography, as to be expected. Not wanting to start any flames either, but would be interested in the licence conditions for vens in NSW. Last I checked, an escape proof enclosure within a secure escape proof room was required. What, if any, are the restrictions to taking them for a "walk" in your backyard? Anyone know?

Splitmore said:
I'm not trying to start anything, I'd just like to know what people get out of free handling venemous snakes? I've kept plenty of elapids and there's no secret to handling a captive raised animal, it's just a game of chance. The thing I always find amusing is that it's usually done to try impress people (Ray Hoser style). I think anyone would agree someone who plays with a loaded gun or drives a car at 200km per hour to impress someone is a complete fool so how is handling a snake that can kill you in minutes with one bite any different?

Couldn't agree more Spiltmore. Why would you take a pic of a ven next to your face unless you want to show off?
I've offen related vens to loaded guns if you mess around with them one day it will go off.

pugsly said:
What he does is his business not yours..

It is peoples business when you post pics of it on a public site of course people are going to comment.

While I don't agree with posting pictures of free handling elapids, I'm going to play devil's advocate slightly and say that I do feel that it's a gross generalisation to assume that anyone who ever free handles an elapid is doing it to show off. There are many other reasons people find it necessary to do so.

Having said that Pugsly, I do agree with Duga on his last point. If you're wanting to push the point that what whoever handles elapids does in their own time is their own business, it's not really a good point to argue when it's (as in this case) in reference to a person who has done so in a picture which will be posted publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back