Building Enclosures for non builder types

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - that looks very good CodeRed! Can you put up some close ups of the the laminate? it really does look like real wood.

BlackEnclosures

SNKMST said:
Ok all just got home from work so here we are:

Black Enclosure

Wow Brett, that looks awesome. Very professional.

Is each enclosure 2'x2'x2' ?

Hey brett they came up great!

Im goin to wait till I get the black tracking to put my glass in.. Ill post picks then.

Backing came up good too!

Yeah i think the white actually looks ok. but i can always rip it up.

CodeRed: Approx 2x2x2 but pete will be able to confirm that.

The black certainly looks nice as well. I have also seen green enclosures which looked quite nice too.

Just to confirm dimensions. They are 600x600x600 internal measurements. That stuffed me up. They should have been 600x600x600 external measurements. I am also glad to see that they stayed square. How much was the glass & backing mate, add that to the $180 for total cost. NOting that your glass also has indents ground out.

Backing I used was white originally so a $5 can of black spray paint and a piece of 240grit sandpaper got that sorted out.

Glass I got was 45$ for the lot with finger slots.

Vents $1
Globe $3
Cage $20

Having two 600x600x600 stacked enclosures PRICELESS !!!

Hahaha sorry couldnt help myself so say $270 or approx $285ish if paying for backing and that is for a 2 complete enclosures with heating and ventilation.

Oh and pete when are you next going down that way mate i want to order some more another 2 banks if I could not in any hurry though anytime in the next 6 months or so or whenever you get enough orders to get more.

Cheers,
Brett

Man you got that glass cheap. I got quoted $16.50 per finger slot .. tahts why my cages dont have finger slots 8)

Arrr come on mate I will give you a tip Dicker Glass and Glazing in penrith Ph: (02) 4721 0434.
Theres my tip for this year and in return all I ask is how the hell did you make those locks on your enclosures i have been trying all afternoon lol.... Pm me

Cheers,
Brett

SNKMST said:
Arrr come on mate I will give you a tip Dicker Glass and Glazing in penrith Ph: (02) 4721 0434.
Theres my tip for this year and in return all I ask is how the hell did you make those locks on your enclosures i have been trying all afternoon lol.... Pm me

Cheers,
Brett

lol, yeah those wire locks are hard to explain .. I'll take a photo instead.

Ok Brett, here are some photos of the sliding door lock. Hope thats clear enough to see how it works.

Thanks for bringing this topic back up earthling. I have had a heap of PM's regarding thse enclosures and people wanting prices for 6x2x2 banks and all sorts. I contacted Griffith Laminates and they reminded me that they are a supplier of laminates, not a cabinet maker. If you want a cage made then you need to give them a cut list. For example, for a 1200mmx600mmx600mm iwth a 60mm bottom lip on the front without a back you would want:

Qty 2 of 568x600 1 short edge laminated
Qty 2 of 1200 x 600 2 short & 1 long edge laminated
Qty 1 of 1168 x 60 1 long edge laminated

From this they can work out how many sheets they need and how many edges they have to do. The edges are where they have to put the colour onto the end of a cut bit. Hope you understand.

From the one above, you will notice that you need almost exactly one 1800x1200 sheet. And that is for a cut where you have the top & Bottom as full sheets and you put the ends inside the top & Bottom. If you made the ends be full sheets then you would actually need more than a full sheet.

We are currently looking a bank design of a wheeled bas and tehn 3 separate enclosures stacked on top of each other. Easy to move. make your own base and get the melamine from soemone like these guys.

But really, once you have a cut list. You could go to any kitchen maker.

Griffith Laminate Supplies

Telephone: (02) 6964 4888
Fax: (02) 6964 4822

Fax them your cut list and get them to call you to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back