This is How it Should Be!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't agree more with you Mick, even more so now that I have a son of my own.

I agree Kersten, but if it is proven beyond doubt, then the death penalty should be given.

Ok then...how would it feel if a member of your family was falsely accused of rape, murder, molestation....something along those lines and was executed for it? It's not about "heavenly tolerance" it's about seeing all the arguments (where possible)

I know what you're saying hugsta...but what I'm tryibng to say is that there are times where people are convinced that a case has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt....and have been wrong. So who is it out there who could truly say they'd always know. 100% of the time?

It's an endless debate, you can also argue how many criminals have been let off without being punished accordingly. When I say proven beyond doubt, I mean like Martin Bryant who shot heaps of people in Tassie and was sent to prison, he should have been shot then and there, all those innocent ppl died and he goes to gaol, tell me that's fair.

I don't disagree with you, but I certainly believe the criminals are treated far better than the innocent, we have homeless ppl on the street with no food or anywhere to live, but if they go to jail, they are treated much better. They get 3 meals a day, a bed to sleep in and TV.

Our justice system is still in the dark ages, before we had all the new evidence like Dna testing !
I would feel the same if a member of my family molested my kids as anyone else probably more so if i had put my trust in them .

Oh don't worry, I'm not disagreeing with the fact that I think criminals get it easy. I mentioned in an earlier post that something had happened to someone close to me and that I certainly didn't want the guilty parties to get it easy. Well they in fact got it more than easy. There's seriously incriminating evidence to say they did it and they still were never convicted. So yeah...guilty people do get off. People who go to jail do often get it easy...and you're right, there's no end to the debate.

Mick...what I actually said was what if someone in your family was FALSELY accused of a crime like that, and convicted. In other words...what if they didn't do it, but were "found" guilty and executed.

Dna testing ? is fairly conclusive evidence just as being caught red handed these people dont deserve to live IMO
Also as you stated FALSLEY accused which is not the same as a conviction .

I think we're mixing signals. It's possible to get a conviction for an innocent person. I'm asking what you would think if that happened to someone you loved.

I can speak from personal experience when I tell you that I have been found not guilty of an offence that I was in fact guilty of and further more have been convicted for a crime that I was not guilty of. Just because some one is found in court to be guilty, does not mean that they in fact were. It is only remains a fact that they have been convicted on a belief that they were guilty. On the prison bit, I can also speak from experience after having spent a small amount of time in maximum security. I can honestly tell you that prison is an absolute joke. I could do nothing all day if I wanted to, could watch video's, play games, play musical instruments, drink unlimited amounts of free tea or coffee, received good meals and a small income. In fact I was effectively earning an additional $100 clear a day which was coming off my fine. I was allowed to buy my own personal TV if I didn’t want to watch the main one and one inmate who I met had every thing you could ever want in his cell besides a female. Admittedly I was only there for just under two months and probably didn't get the chance to really miss freedom but it should have been an experience that I absolutely hated to become a huge deterrent.
And just incase anyone thinks I was an extremely bad person, I was sent to prison for refusing to pay a fine I received for getting caught for keeping reptiles in NSW just before they had that states amnesty for the same thing. As they say though, do the crime, do the time. It should now be said, do the crime, have a reasonably comfortable time.

I really like the sound of JOE ARPAIO! He gets the big thumbs up from me. I just hope he's doing it for all the right reasons though, and not the typical media attention that part of the country seems to enjoy basking in the light of.
To all of those that say" Oh he's served his time, leave him alone', it's all CRAP! Some (and I say some) of those criminals never change! Our justice sytem lets down our public on a daily basis!Our lax laws and EASY sentences really leave many in our society wondering what the hell is going on in the minds of the judges! The cops are outraged risking life and limb bringing in the dregs of society, while our Porsche driving solicitors and judges give em the rovolving door treatment! If there has got to be a scapegoat in the system to deter would-be criminals- let it be the ones who commit the crimes!

I can't comment on jail time in NSW as I did my small stint in Lotus Glen maximum security prison in Mareeba North Queensland. Every body back then went to maximum security because until they knew you didn’t have aids or were not likely to commit suicide you were classed as high risk. After blood tests, and interviews every few days with a psychiatrist you eventually become classified as a medium risk and if no incidents occurred, a low risk. Not until then were you eligible to be considered for prison farm placement. etc
It sounds like your experience (I am assuming it is your experience) was bad.
Like I said I my experience was good and I enjoyed myself most of the time.
I will admit though, I was treated a bit differently than most as I was friends with one of the prison guards.
As far as playing musical instruments we did indeed have access to them every day if that was what you wanted to do. It sounds like N.S.W jails are a lot different.

He perhaps decided that he had no reason to make it known that had spent time in prison in case he was unfairly judged by it. I also thought twice about exposing my history.

I have many friends who have been wrongly imprisoned, or that have gotten away with things they should have technically gone to jail for to say the system is failproof.
Its true criminals get it too easy. There's no bones about it. I also believe that rehabilitation can work, and that some people DO learn their lesson first time round.
I've heard people make general sweeping statements about criminals re-offending...I'd say of all the criminals I've ever known, I only know of two who reoffended.

A close friend to me was convicted and spent two years in jail for a crime he didn't commit. Whilst there he witnessed many beatings, and a man stabbed to death right in front of him. He is forever scarred, and spends most of his time drunk now- he is haunted by his time in jail. It turned a good guy who hung around the wrong people into a mess. Its a crazy crazy world we live in. It truly is.

I agree with the Sheriff in some instances, but I wonder where it ends? When someone dies from exhaustion? I would be interested to know what kind of people he is in control of- what level of criminality are they?

Prison is FULL of innocent people.Ask them they'll tell you :shock:

Ramsayi, was that a reply to my comment?

I'll elaborate the cases for you if you'd like. :)

And I know prison is full of innocent people- everyone there is :p LOL!

A close friend to me was convicted and spent two years in jail for a crime he didn't commit. Whilst there he witnessed many beatings, and a man stabbed to death right in front of him. He is forever scarred, and spends most of his time drunk now- he is haunted by his time in jail. It turned a good guy who hung around the wrong people into a mess. Its a crazy crazy world we live in. It truly is.
And bet he told you he was innocent didnt he ?

So what your saying is, it wasn't him that was running around with a gun shooting , as you put it, in front of 100 running screaming people, it was someone else and he was just pretending. Sorry if I find that hard to believe.

I have many friends who have been wrongly imprisoned,
:shock:

I don't have any friends who have been imprisoned rightly or wrongly and I have been around bikers for 20 odd years. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back