plastic tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeitup

Reaction score
hello everyone,
i have a contact who produces plastic tubs for different companies such as bunnings, the warehouse etc and i was interested to see what sort of tubs herpers such as yourselves would be interested in purchasing. If anyone would be interested it would be handy to let me know what dimension an detail tub you would like i.e type of lid. Hopefully i will be able to supply these tubs at a better price than retail outlets.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
cheers james

Hi mate,

firstly, we all want click clack type lids. I can find 8 lite and 12 litre tubs easily but when I look for yearling type tubs (35 litre) they all have lida that snakes could get out of. I will take pics of the sizes if you like. BBS

Smalles size (8 litre I think) for hatchies

Edit: - here is a better pic with the four sizes that I would be after. 8 litre, 12 litre, 28 litre and 35 litre. The 8's I can get fromt eh Warehouse for $3.99, the 12's from Bunnings for about $6. The 28 and 35's are each about $8.00 from Bunnings or Woolies but they are on wheels and can't be heated with a heat mate. Flat Bottom (started writing Fat Bottom Girls there - I'm a queen fan) ones would be much better.

cheers

pete

As Peter says, it's easy to find good tubs up to about 12 litres in capacity, but above that they are generally less suitable for use with herps. Flat bottoms and secure lids are the two really important things to me. If you were able to supply plastic tubs in dimensions of approximately 50cm x 35cm x 25cm high and a larger size of around 90cm x 40cm x 35cm high, at a reasonable price, I'd be quite interested in buying a few.

The Reject Shop supplies good plastic storage tubs with lock lids, 30L= $8, 50L=$12, 80L=$15.

I don't like those ones, the lids aren't secure enough and the bottoms aren't flat. Lots of people use them and are quite happy, but they don't suit my methods.

I'm with Arj there. The lids are not escape proof. I have also edited my pic above to show the 4 sizes that I have. I think that the larger sizesd would probably need click clacks on all four sides.

Definately flat bottoms and secure lids.
Perfectly square boxes with coloured sides and a small clear viewing window would be good too, but I'm probably being too greedy.

In America they have the same basic boxes with flat bottoms and secure tops but they also have crystal clear sides for viewing, I would pay good money for those.

Just my two cents having worked with injection moulded plastics. The "ridges and feet" are there for stability and help the container retain its shape during cooling after being ejected from its die. The larger the container, the more support is required. If large tubs are available with flat bases, my guess is that they are from the very cheap end of the price range.

Transparent plastic, secure lids, flat bottom, the dimension of a newspaper, very, very cheap. Thats all I really want in a tub.

You can get large tubs with flat bottoms from Bunnings made by kitab ( the spelling may be incorrect ).
They are far from cheap to buy though and from memory set me back $36 each. The negative for most will be, that the lid is not held locked by external clips. That was never a problem for me though, as I use them in a neat fitting rack system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back