What types of CO2 do you use

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This question may have come up before, but what type of CO2 delivery systems do most rodent breeders use? I have done some research and found that renting a gas bottle used for home brewing too pricey. Cheers

Cyborg - Go to BOC Gas in Penrith and get Hospitality Grade CO2. You are looking at approx $100 rental for tank and regulator for 12 mnths. If you use it all up within this time, you just pay for the refill.

Cheers

Damian

Yeah me too! I hate killing the little buggers, they may be food, but i still find them really cute. I normally give them a wack on the back of the head, Mice is not too bad, but the rats are quite hard. Now having bigger numbers I would much prefer the co2! Plan on getting some asap

I use the vinegar and bi carb mixture. It has been posted on here before. Very cheap and works extremely well.

vinegar and bicarbs for me too.

The rent on the Co2 bottle is just isnt worth it when you only have a small setup. Normally I do a 'kill' every 2 weeks and that costs me about $1 in vinegar and bicarb.

4 table spoons of bicarb in say a one litre plastic vessle with a funnel glued down throu the lid of the vessle.
next cut a short piece of dowl and sharpen on end . place sharpened end into funnel so that it seals up the funnels hole.
next grab some sizzers an gut a 30cm lengh of the old ladies garden hose. you need two place a hole up near the top of the side of your vessel so the hose is a snug air tight fit. next pore a measured (one cup) of vinegar which is placed into the funnel with the dowl in place.
your rats go into a sturdy plactic bag along with the other end of the hose that is now sticking out from your vessel.say a little pray and release the dowl slowly so that the vinigar flows down onto the bicarb. co2 is now being produce and forced down the hose into the bag of rats.
A tip place a small hole into the bag of rats and squeeze the air out just before you release the vinigar.
so stick to the 4 table spoons of bicarb and one cup of vinegar, you can't go wrong

thanks rusty can the hose be cut into a plastic tub

thanks for the response the site is really excellent and explains very well

You can use those co2 cartridges they use for blowing up push bike tyres. Available at bike shops. I think the gadget costs around $30 and the cartridges $30 for 5

crutch, you also can use plastic tub as this is more relaxing for the rats , but i find it not as affective as it takes a little longer to take affect.

ok mate thanks i was thinking of a small tub and doing the to mixes like on the link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back