6 Pack Eskys for Freighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjohnson64

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I previously posted a topic regarding freighting herps. During that post a number of people indicated that they wanted a good source for 6 pack eskys. The best source given was Bunnings. anyway, today I had to go to a pet store to buy some frozen rodents (I neecded bigger ones in a hurry) and after I bought them they asked me if I had a long drive home. I said no, and asked them why they wanted to know. They said "it's just that we have some eskys that you can use tp put them in". I asked them to show me and there was a big pile of more than 20 6 pick eskys that they were trying to get rid of. I took 4 away and they said that they get all their rodents in them and need to dispose of them.

For those local to me it is Zoo Mates in Porrende Street, Narellan.

Worst cas is that I can post these at the cost of postage to anyone else that wants them.

ya should of grabed the lot pete. you soon go thru them.

I will be able to get the lot mate. The girl was a part timer. The owners are also Camden land owners.

"Gimme all your eskies or i'm doubling your land rates!" :twisted:

No, I think their concerns would relate more to the subdivision of said land. and as the eskys are just discarded rubbish there is no financial value so I dont have to declare anything. (mmm, do I need a lawyer to vet these posts)

did they say the rats get sent in them? might check out my local pet shop 2morro :)

cool, youve stumbled upon a never ending supply of free eskys by the sounds of things. even though they dont cost much, once you start pumping out a good number of animals,(and you will), you always seem to be stock pileing eskys.

pete. hes acumulating some nice animals which im sure he will breed.

Yes, I need a breeding program so that I can sell some babies so that I can buy a baby Bumblebee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much are they worth from Bunnings Pete?

You lucky bugger. Wish I could get some good luck...hmm..although I reckon $1000 to spend at bunnings is decent luck...pity most of it has to go on tiles for the house so we can sell it. :( :(

I consider foam eskies to fragile for shipping reptiles because they can be too easily broken. I have usually built them into a small wooden crate which has always worked well.

My basic criteria for shipping containers (apart from good insulation, ventilation etc.) is that they can survive being stood on.

6 Pack

Last time i needed one i went to coles and they said they dont sell now,onley the little plastic blue ones and tryed bunnings and they onley had the little plastic type coolers so i went to the chemist and got one for free cause they send medicines in them (similar foam type).

peterjohnson64 said:
Great idea Brian. Can you post a picture please?

Actually it is Daavid (aka Herp Trader #2) - Judy is #1 and Brian #3.

I have never taken a photo but I usually have chip board top and bottom and 3mm ply or masonite (what ever is lying around in the scrap bin) around the sides. Or course having a half decent table saw and a brad gun means I can knock one of these up in about 10 minutes.

The rope gets reused for the handle and the sides get trimmed slightly so the fit is snug. The lid of the foam esky gets screwed to the chipboard top and ventilation holes drilled in the thin sides to mate with the gap between the lid and the bottom. The reciever of the animals need to use a screw driver to open the package but undoing the screws around the side of the lid.

There are some members of this site that have received animals from us packaged in this way. If they still have the box maybe they can post a picture.

I have discussed with Brian manufacturing standard sized shipping containers that are approved by the freight companies but the volume is probably not there yet to make it profitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back