Austin Stevens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called The Jeff Corwin Experience Anteresia Lady, really worth watching, not just on herps though, it's on all animals, even though he is a herpetologist.

He could have won an oscar for his role catching anacods :lol:

Jeff Corwin is good, he's not serious, but he's not ment to be, he is pretty funny to watch.

Sad thing about Austin Stevens is he's trying to be serious, just pathetic.

Mark O'shea would have to be my favorite TV herper, purely because he actually finds snakes, doesn't set them up, if he looks for a species he doesn't always find it.
Plus he has contributed alot to herping over the years.

I thought jeff corwins "studies" were more so on bats? meh i have no idea, just what i thought...

Jeff Corwin I like. He's goofy and has a laugh at himself.

dugadugabowbow said:
He could have won an oscar for his role catching anacods :lol:

Jeff Corwin is good, he's not serious, but he's not ment to be, he is pretty funny to watch.

Mark O'shea would have to be my favorite TV herper, purely because he actually finds snakes, doesn't set them up, if he looks for a species he doesn't always find it.

Maybe he should have been in the movie eh duga...LOL

Mark O'shea is great, he is fair dinkum, although, can be disappointing when he doesn't find them. But, at least you know he's not setting anything up.

dugadugabowbow said:

I have to agree, Jeff Corwin is light hearted and funny when presenting, and you still get to see some cool critters.
Mark O'shea has more of a dry sense of homour, but is a real Herpetologist and always worth watching.

Neil

Austin is here in Australia in tonights episode.

he just 'found' a Taipan.

Gonna go watch it fully...see you all soon!

I caught an Austin Stevens episode where he went back over his most exciting moments. My personal favourite being the clip of him pulling out a 20ft+ Burmese python mid shed from its hidey-hole and managed to get bitten and restricted by it.
As an entertainer I love him lol but as a professional reptile handler I think he acts a little carelessly.

Well that was blatantly obvious.

I think he tries to build suspense by having all these weird things happen to him.

My daughter loved it though- she especially loved the 'Giant Green Tree Frog'. Very cute!

no one can be worse than Irwin.!!!! thats just impossible.

Most of the animals these guys find are captive animals, they are more predictable and therefore easier to manage.
I reckon Mark O'Shea is the best, he will do absolutely anything in the name of finding what he is looking for and it's not for show. I stayed with him years ago and he is absolutely 150% obsessed with reptiles and really knows his stuff.

Almost all nature shots are now staged or edited in a way to look dramatic. Often Predator/prey interaction is a series of cut shots that may ( more may not ) be related
Prey : does something
Predator : moves in hunting mode
Prey : does something else
Predator : Notices something
Prey : looks unaware
Predator : goes into attack mode
Prey : still unaware
Predator : final attack phase
Prey : very close up of the animal being startled and going into attack mode

Shot of spashing, dust rising or some other indicator of frantic activity

Predator : eating something unidentifiable

What is much worse, IMHO, is the computer generated action scenes, the worst I have seen so far was a doco on Oz dragons with birds of prey being spliced in and a terrible goanna/ frillie action shot.

Still, if it makes more people interested in herps and nature, it can't be a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back