What is this Diamond doing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hugsta said:
A close up shot of the wound area would have been good Honeypot :wink: :D. I don't think it looks that bloated, I've rescued quite a few big fat healthy diamonds, the only skinny ones I have seen have been sick or injured. The diamond also appears to be coming into slough which wouldn't help it with vision and could have mistakenly bitten itself when it was run over.

Next time, just for you, i will get more photos' - any particular position that your are interested in? :lol:

AntaresiaLady said:
Were its teeth embedded in its own body? If not, I would say that it was hit, and someone picked it up and moved it- just dropping it and it contorted into that position when they dropped it.

Otherwise...no idea.

I didnt get that closer look - i did try and move it but rigamortis had set in and there was no way i way getting the snakes mouth from its body? It will remain a mystery :?:

That's tragic! :cry:
Poor thing probably suffered badly to do that to itself. :shock:

How drivers can't see such a large animal on the road is astounding. :roll:

Too many people drive too fast on country roads IMO. :evil:

AntaresiaLady said:
I would say that it was hit, and someone picked it up and moved it- just dropping it and it contorted into that position

I'd say it contorted by itself without human intervention. A snake thats been hit by a car thrashes, ties itself in knots, and flips onto it's back in a violent frenzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back