Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

base2aau

Reaction score
http://velocity.ansto.gov.au/velocity/a ... cle_04.asp

this is amazing, It is like all the things you think is true are untrue.

By the way I just heard from a friend at a barbie this afternoon that...

.. around casio and lismore because of the drought snake from different scieces have started mating ( i don't know what does this have o do with the drought) and the are now venemous pythons wiggling around with python markings and venom glands. And apparently they have caught one.

I souded like rubbish to me but after hearing about venemos lizards I guess anthing could be true. i told him it would be like a human mating with a cat, he told me to stop reading his diary.

Anyone else heard of this?

......Venomous pythons not humans and cats

Someone at that barbie was pullin themselves :roll:

Stories of vemonous pythons have been around since the early 20th century (1920's if I remember correctly). That's all they are stories. On the genetic level it would just be impossible for boids and elapids to cross breed.

Hey Dude, Those stories go back to the 1800s and no-one has produced one yet. If you can get a clutch I'd like one please. Will pay very good money... lol

Except for womas and blackheads, they are supposed to have venom glands to but thats a secret.

I hear a tail that BHP have a venom gland (a very small one). This came out not long after hearing that some goanna's a venom glands. But I have not heard or seen any thing that give any truth to this.?

i have read an article in a science mag that they have discovered that all lizards and pythons are venemous, just very weakly, (was orriginally thought that the bite of goannas and kimodos were just bacterial, but turns out to be a venom) the guy reasearching it even got a huge grant from the gov to dso the study and research, lol, wish i'd thought of it first, the gov can pay me to research snakes if they like

THATS ONE BIG TAIPAN!!!!!. I want one :shock:

As l work in the medical profession l can tell you for a fact the a patient a few years back who was bitten by a large scrub python did develop tetna, now thats a worry

you can get sick from the infection that occurs because of the bite, but not because the bite is venomous

That is what people said about Goanna's and other monitor lizards but it turned out to be a venom very similar to what rattle snakes have, causing the infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back