Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i got my bredli first. was looking into stimpsons to begin with though but imo bredli are good starter snakes.

andrew

I started with a BHP. They are a great first snake but a bit expensive, especially for someone who may not be fully into reptiles.
BHP’s are great cause they are pretty tame and can handle someone being a little nervous.

hey, my fist pythons were spotteds, i now have 5 - soon after though i bought a olive pair - they would have to be my favs - next to arrive are the bhps!

jim

Diamonds were my first and second snake. I'd always recommend them as a first snake too. :)

**edit** However, I do live in Gosford and they're subject to natural temps :wink: <Colin made me do it :p

The first snakes I ever actually kept were two diamond pythons (9 foot and 7.5 foot) about 15years ago.. Great snakes but are known to be difficult at times if not kept at the correct temperatures etc.. Personally I wouldn't recomend them as a "first snake" for that reason.

In my opinion antaresia species are pretty easy to look after, hardy, have some great locality variations of colour and patterns etc and think they are a good choice for a first time snake keeper.

Hey all, been looking at the boards for a while now but havn't posted...

First (and currently only) snake is my Bredli, and he's been a great starting snake

My first and currently only snake is also a bredli. Im looking into getting something else soon tho...:D

mine was a bredli bout month ago,next will b red belly black when i can can my license for it

1st snake was a little whip snake i caught at school in burwood when i was about 10/11, looking for skinks and frogs,,then a small eyed snake pair, caught in dandenong area which actually bred for me when i was about 14,that was a turning point for me,,then numerous elapids,whitelips, masters, tigers etc until i bought a brown tree snake for 35$ out of the trading post,,this was in pre licence days ,, my first python when i was 17 b/w jungle off a dancing girl

A small blotched.
I wanted a vic carpet, but didn't have the space at the time, and was a little nervous about getting a bigger one to start off with, so i chickened out and got a hatchie mac. He escaped from his critter keeper and the enclosure it was kept in, and i found him outside under the bbq's gas bottle a year later! He was much larger, and a little snappy, the poor thing. I gave him back to his breeder, I didn't have the experience to work with a snappy snake (too chicken), and haven't had any since. :(
I'd love to get a nicely red stimsoni for my second first snake. Reading this forum has given me reptile cravings.

two eastern browns when i was 14 ( long time ago)
didnt keep them for long, didnt know anything about licensing and my mother was not very impresed when she found out
first on license was a bredli

Coastal . Still my favourite , it shat on my ex-girlfriend :) Great snake

Cheers guys n thanx for being involved, nice to see that people are broadening their horizons in their preferences for their first snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back