beardy wont eat vegies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hall91

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my beardy wont eat veggies is this a major problem and what can i do to get her to eat them?

how old is she? and what did u give her? try buck choy, lettuce and garted carrot they seem to be the most liked

Beardy

Not Iceberg Lettuce, it is bad for them.
Try some nice apple, grated carrot as Spike said, other leafy lettuces are good. But you need to do it a little at a time, to get them used to it and then they will munch away.

If you try tweezer feeding or grate the veggies eg: carrot and wiggle it to stimulate a feeding response as if it was a meal worm etc. You could also put some mealies in the vegies so they dig in it and it moves when they're crawling underneath it.

she is around 5-6 months old and i give her endive, grated carrot, apple,strawberry
watermelon

Not Iceberg Lettuce, it is bad for them
Its not "bad" for them its mostly just water so no point feeding it to them unless you want them to loss a little weight.

when young they do not eat vagies as often, offer opnce a week until she gets the hang of it the 2 times until they catch on :wink:

I have similar probs with my little bast**ds :wink: Spend a fortune on fruit and veg and no go. I now bag their insects, cool in the fridge for a while, then mix with veg. The crix slowly "come around" and their movement usually gets the dragons attention. They eat the crix and also the veg (by mistake).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back