corn snakes legal now?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cam

Reaction score
i went to buy a click clack for my spoted and the girl though she knew everything about snakes and that shes getting a corn snake i told her it was ilegal but she said there legal now.

true or false?

what if you have an international licence and you bye from a zoo here in australia not that they will sell you one , but would this be possible ......

You mean corns snakes AREN'T legal ????
Anyone want a cheap corn snake ?

rumpig said:
what if you have an international licence and you bye from a zoo here in australia not that they will sell you one , but would this be possible ......

Rumpig, you answered your own question in part, the zoo's wouldn't sell you one, and the people that have a exotic's licence are just the people that originally declared there exotic's in the Amnesty, these people aren't allowed to buy, sell or breed there existing animals.

Neil

I had an international license, got it at the NRMA before I went overseas.

i have heard some ppl talk that there maybe a Amnesty comming up on some exotics and corns where one they mentioned how ever these ppl claimed to be able to get some of the animals .. not sure if they where only saying it to try and get ppl to buy from them . it did not work cause i would not touch exotics if they where free but maybe the girl that cam spoke of had been spun the same yarn

There are only 20 odd people with exotic licences remaining (in NSW) from an original 80+ back in '97? when everyone was given the opportunity to declare their exotics. The licences were not renewable or transferable, so if you forgot to pay your fees and went to them a day after they were due - bad luck - no more exotic licence for you.

[
Rumpig, you answered your own question in part, the zoo's wouldn't sell you one, and the people that have a exotic's licence are just the people that originally declared there exotic's in the Amnesty, these people aren't allowed to buy, sell or breed there existing animals.

Neil[/quote]
i didnt know that thanks for the answer neil.....

TY neil, ill be 100% fluent in australian soon!.
You always get people who are slightly confused about what they can and can't keep, i still hear of people here keeping venomous without a licence because they thought they were allowed!.

look on the national parks and wildlife there is a protocol for the control of disease in pythons and exotics they have big risk of by memory a thing called OPMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back