Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

apalme08

Not so new Member
Reaction score
PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE!!! i've had my 15month old carpet cross diamond "Mac" since February and she hasn't yet shed. she has doubled in length since i've had her so i'm really surprised at this. the guy at the pet store suggested i increase the temp in her tank and also the amount i am feeding her- i've done this but still no shedding. her appetite is ferocious as always and she seems perfectly happy and healthy....anyone have any possible theories (or ways i could help bring on a shed??) am getting a bit worried and she's my first snake so i'm at a loss!!

Thanks
apalme08

ps. also she now refuses to poo anywhere but on my clothing. but i guess that's not a health issue hey ;)

Are you saying that she has doubled in length in 2 months? wow!! but be careful, appetite may be high but that doesn't mean you should feed them every day. And secondly, please don't ask the pet shop for advice when you have blokes like TrueBlue etc in here. Firstly, I would have thought that humidity would be more important than temps. Especially for soemthing that is part Diamond. The last thing you want to do with Diamonds in increase temperatures!!! Keep her moist and wait for the shed to come along. and give her a break from food for a bit. JMO

And its good that she only poos on your clothing. Gives her a healthier enclosure and you were going to wash them anyway.

No problems here, just let her be and she'll shed when she's ready :wink:

don't worry i only feed her (just under) once a week. and the pet shop guy is also on this website :)
her eyes went milky and then went back to normal....its like she's teasing me!!!

after eyes go normal from cloudy,it can still take a few days till they drop their skin, especially in the cooler months.

PS, as pete said sounds like you maybe feeding it a bit to often, try feeding it, wait till all food has been passed, give a few days with empty tract,(sometimes a couple or few weeks), for rest, then feed again.

if her eyes went milky then its not far away
8 weeks is spot on too.........my girl BHP blew out to 12 weeks last shed (not that thats ok)
also throw in a nice big dish of water for her to soak in, diamonds love a good soak and it will help with the shed

I have a Collett who is a shocker when it come to sloughing, I agree with crackers, throw her in a tub of luke warm water and let her have a really good soak. Works for my boy every time.

If its growing that fast, I think you're feeding it plenty already, moisture is most likely the problem.

thanks heaps for the advice guys :) much appreciated

gave her a bath tonight and she seemed to like the swim. have cut down the food (though i've always made sure she pooped out the last lot before her next meal). i had no idea that something that small could produce so much poop.....

the same happened to our 4year old diamond python he wasn't shedding so what we did was we took out the water bowl and put warm water in it then put it back in the enclosure and put the snake in the water bowl and it made easier for the snake to shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back