Welding masks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora

Reaction score
Greetings all

Having finally broken my old fixed protective lens welding mask I updated recently to an auto darkening (protective) lens style Mask ...... I am curious as to other people opinions on using this type of mask compared with the older style when welding.

So far I find it wonderful .... even though initally I kept trying to close the lens off :p. I am also interested in opinions regarding eye protection as have noticed a slight delay.

what brand do you have?
I use a speedglas 9002V, the best ive ever had.
with saying that, mates have other brands and are just as good.

they dont compare to the old style of lens you have to shut down yourself, I will never go back to that.
does yours have a delay setting? or sensitivity setting? maybe you need to increase either of those to suit the style of welding.

dee.......... I am not just a pretty face that wears skirts ...

No delay settings or sensitivity as it is a removeable filter .... Thought I would try before commiting to an expensive mask I couldn't use

What does the Speedglass retail for approx ? guessing you have option of altering these delay/sensitivity settings

I have had a nova optrel for almost 3 years now no problems and i use it every day for welding either mig or tig and i have no problems at all with it
Mainly got this type for the standard size fitment and being able to easily replace my shield I have a shade 11 and its totally solar powered .

Thankyou Rascal

Roughly drag the gear out twice a week .... the second model offers the same as what I have currently ie solar

But like everyone have some bigger jobs lined up ( ones you try to put off a little longer )

Dying to get my hands on the speedglas or similar and have a play

pity youre not closer or you could use mine for a bit to see how it goes.
If yours goes to shade 11, that should be fine for general use.
I rarely use more than 11. keeping in mind I dont go below shade 10 for mig.

Twise a week? thats heaps! you should have bought one ages ago!

hmmm hadn't thought twice a week was a lot .... nearly all jobs are arc rarely do I mig or tig.

But do agree whole heartily never going back to the flip jobs hence the eye damaging quiery

dee is closest to me it seems .... DEE don't by chance stock these items at GV Reptile supplies ??

Not this week, but if you wont i can check around to find a good price.

Thanks for that.

Dee .............Thought I may have been pushing my luck although you stock nearly everything else ....impressive .....

pandora, not to brag. i was a coded (xray qualified) welder. I love the new tech shields, but i still swear by the old manual ones. Why ? too many things go wrong and replacement parts are expensive and not always readily available. JMO Though.

Africa .... Hmmm to give up single status .................I shall be awaiting that diamond in anticipation ........
Hint: High yellow and small rosette clusters .... :p

As I already have a solar filter (can be attached to any flip style welding mask)

I am now curious as to the Perferance on the Adjustable varieties on which parts can be sourced easily (as I am rather destructive at times - usually hunting for that small bit of box in the ever growing pile of scrap metal).

Thankyou all who have helped thus far I appreciate your opinions

Peter in keeping in tune with this being a python and snake site I am awaiting a diamond ...........................python ....... :p

Although GTP are beautiful I think they are much like real emeralds stunning yet hard to come by ............ ( emeralds commanly being artifically coloured not the Python !! )

For welding you cant beat a good pair of sunnies, shorts, thongs and a singlet 8) and some ppl actually pay to go to a solarium :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back