Is it cruel to keep pot plants?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SLACkra said:
speaking of playing music to your plants didn't mythbuster's experiment say that rock music makes them grow the best. my theory is there are random rock groups roaming the forests cranking it up, it would explain the increase growth rate as they think their home :p

andrew

Come on, if emulating nature was what was best for captive specimens, we'd have to feed our snakes live food which was full of worms, give them ticks and occassionally cut them with blades to simulate predatory attacks.

Azztech said:
I'm surprised this thread didn't come with a sdaji poll as standard.

Ah... I miss Sdaji polls. Unfortunately they caused unwanted issues.

moosenoose said:
Personally I think my plants are better in pots. For one they don't get bashed with the lawn mower or whipped with the whipper snipper, if they are up high the dog doesn't wizz on em or worse. I have been known to pick the flowers off the roses at times and spray them with chemicals...I dare say I'm a bit of a thug, but trying my best! Anyway, who's to say that plants don't like dog wizz anyway! :? 8) :lol:

You're a truly evil man!

Take 3/5th's of 5/8's of all mentioned above place in a mulcher and you would have a fertilizer that would rival any animal deposits. JMO. :) That will make the plants happy.

cris said:
sadji u r one sad f'tard

Thanks for assisting with my self identification problem ;) All this time I thought I was a content f'tard :cry: 8) :shock: :p

Hix said:
Sdaji said:
Naughty naughty.

Once again, I have been cut to the quick by Sdaji's rapier-like wit.

:p

Hix

It's a good thing you conceded when you did... there was more of that wit ready and waiting ;)

Thanks for assisting with my self identification problem All this time I thought I was a content f'tard
Oh stupid me i forgot there is no way of knowing if it is actually possible for u to be sad or content(sorry for misleading you), since you are a creature driven by need.
I wouldnt be surprised if plants do have a greater mental capacity than some ppl and everone knows they have a brain and complex emotions.

i cannot fathom what this has to do with the meaning of life
you are all completely nuts (especially you grasshopper)

Sdaji said:
It's a good thing you conceded when you did... there was more of that wit ready and waiting

Like I said previously: Bring it on Turniphead!

:p :p :p :p :p

Hix

Based on the evidence I have seen, I have to disagree. Having set free many natives on plantations, it has lead me to believe that the plants really do have their own personalities. On the whole, it seems that most would prefer a potted life in fact. The amount they resist when I tried to coax them out of their pots is a clear indication that they wish to stay. The plastic pots on the other hand are communal creatures and are almost impossible to separate if encouraged together with too much force.

I think plants must like living in pots, i mean... I've seen them breeding when kept in pots and when I release mine into the wild, they have a tendancy to die.

I think its OK for captive breed plants to live in pots because they don'tknow any different, however it is just plain cruel to suddenly restrict a wild plant which may have a territory of up to 3 square km to a pot where it can barely move. JMO :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back