Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not the first to ever keep these great looking snakes, and have never claimed to be. But I did come up with the Blond name dispite what Bwanna may state.

In 1982, whilst visiting Neil Charles in Brisbane, I was shown this startling form of mac for the first time. Neil had 2 pairs of adults approx 4.5 ft long. It was at this point I came up with the Blond term. I was informed by Neil that these had come from Tully(which turned out to be incorrect) For the next few years I spent large amounts of time in North Qld looking in the wrong area for this form.

In approx 1986 I met Bwanna who had in his collection a male mac which was the closest I had seen to the Neil Charles form. Bwanna did inform me that it was infact collected from Port Douglas area. I informed him that this appeared very similar to the Blond form I was chasing.

In 1987, with the help of Rob Bredl, I finally obtained 2 specimens of what I deemed full-on Blonds from a keeper in Cooktown(Barry Grey). Over the next few years Barry supplied me more specimens which became the basis for my lines which are now in collections all over Australia.

From 1987 till 1994 I did many field trips in these areas and found that the form I called Blonds were found from just north of Cairns to Cooktown.The closer to Cooktown, the better they appeared on average. Once past Cooktown they appeared to revert to the standard form. I also found a race of Blond lookalikes living on the western slopes of the Athertons as far south as Greenvale to north of Mt Malloy and as far west as Georgetown. Even though this form did have reduced patterning resembling the coastal blond form, they all lacked the yellow flanks and were mere pygmies compared to true Blonds.

I try to keep my lines as locality specific as I can. By doing this you know you have a pure form. If Indicus was to market his intergrade line as Platinum macs, and if you named the western form something different, then you now have 3 totally different quality forms to keep. But as Boa stated, its a bit muddy when all 3 forms are labeled as Blonds and are crossbred, even though they are all different.

If you guys wish to call any pale mac a blond, be my guest. Next you will be calling all your Womas Topaz's lines like Simon Stones form.

Just in case anyone is interested here is the female of the pair.
Tremain_female.jpg

G'day Bob,
If the Platinum Mac's do prove to be a natural intergrade, it's only obivious that one would market them under a different name.......why?; aaahhhh because their different!!!!.
Inregards to your blonde classifaction; my suggestion is that you do the rescearch properly before making any further claims, as to what one should be called a Blonde....
Bob i live here; i see and have seen more northern Mac's then most people......Be a-bit like me trying to tell you about your local diamonds.....Bob whether you want to acknowledge it or not; the truth is that alot of tableland mac's do infact have the yellow flanks.....which according to what you believe; is a distingishing feature of a Blonde. Even locations like Cooktown have animals that do and dont display that characteristic.
If you wish to discuss this further; for your own interest; you have my number, feel free to give me a call.....

Hey Bob,
Neil does remember you visiting him at Graceville where he show you 3 mac's that he obtained from Barry Searl.
He remembers that you were worried because you had locked your persian cat in your XF ford station wagon.
Your only problem is your date.
Neil wasn't living at Graceville in 1982.
The XF ford wasn't available until 1984

Bwana

Neil has the visits mixed up. I first visited Neil with my wife in my XC falcon wagon. There was no cat with us. In about 1988 I remember taking Terry Pullen and Scott Collien to Neil Charles residence in my 1987 XF falcon. On this trip I did lock a cat in my car. Right car, wrong trip.

As usual you get half the facts and twist them up in an attempt to discredit my name. Its not the first time you have tried, and I am sure it wont be the last. Keep up the good work and maybe oneday you will get something right.

Hi,
Bob does have a point in regards to the fact that it has been known for many years that Mt Carbine has a population of pythons that appear to be a natural occurring cross between Antaresia maculosa and A.stimsoni.
The mother of the "platinum's" was of this type....
The father is a A. maculosa.
There is no doubt that Boa's first pic does appear to have A. stimsoni characteristics.
In regards to the naming of blonde's, Bob has popularised this name almost singlehandly and some of the nicest blonde's in the country come from Bob's line.
I agree that Tremain's "platinum's" are not blonde mac's as Bob stated.
Tremain can you post the pic's of the female who produced the platinums and maybe the father.

I just recd a call from Tremain. After some discussion he does agree with me on the range of what is referred to as Blond Macs. He also agrees with the other 2 forms that I had previosly mention.

As for Boas macs, they are definately from the area Blonds occur. The mum is from just north of Cairns on the coast, whereas the male is from the further inland at about the same level of the southern range. I had origionally thought Tremain had bred Boas from his weird tableland line, but was mistaken. They are Blonds, just different to what I am used to due to the southern range.

Well guys that is good to hear, now can I safely assume that I have some of the most beautiful Blond maculosa on the planet ? :lol: :lol:

What ever area they come from blondes are great looking little pythons. My guy's are Bob's line and are a joy to my collection.

nice looking snakes every one, blonds or not, imo blonds are great, i have some of skarfys and im rapped with them. what determines a blood to me is the zig zag pattern down the back, the light background and the nice redy colour in the blotches. either way some stunning snakes and i cant wait to see what becomes of them.

Blonde Macs

Im fasinated by Blonde Macs and always interested in seeing other Blondes.

I have only bee in reptiles for a short while and it started off with a little Central Bearded Dragon, Lennie (Was lizzie but found out she was in fact a he :) )who just keeps getting better and better and more recently I became the owner of Blonde Mac, Josie.

I got her from Shane Scarff who was a pleasure to deal with and couldnt have been more helpful. She eats like a champion and has a lovley nature.

I have attached a few pictures of her.

Hi Bwana
I'll sort out a few photo's today.......
Some nice looking mac's Bono & Honey
Cheers Tree

Hi everyone, I just wanted to show off a bit with some pics of our Blonde Mac. We got her off a well known sydney breeder & have so far found her to be an awesome natured little snakey, great handler & she feeds well :)

I bought this Python off a guy on Herp Trader a couple of years advertised as a standard Mac. Im not so sure if it is just a standard Mac. Any body have any opinions? I dont know its origins unfortunately or the breeder.

Here is a picture of him.

And a couple of photo's to compare it with.

Thats him in the top right hand corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back