New Rattery

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OdessaStud

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a little pic to show you all my Me made rattery.Made it with lots of colorfull words but the rescue rats all love it.Anyone taller than me has a problem because i only built it as high as I could reach but it does the job.
Cheers Odessa

What a great idea - I bet they love the space :)

How do you go with keeping it clean and managing the litters?

Honey :)

They do love the space and cleaning is easy I sweep it out twice a day and hose it out every few days.The litter management is still in the being controlled process as these lot have only come to me last week and many were already pregnant,those of them are upstairs where I keep an eye on them more closely.
So far so good :)
Odessa

Do you have the males in with the females? if so it is a good idea to separate them as i have seen males eat other pinky rats and kill them so that they can get the mum rats pregant again.

wow killer setup man, yeah sperate males and females and introduce males into the females to breed as this stops fighting of females (i have bred a few mice)

i have mice setup with a main room, then ~1meter of squigly pipes with a few offshoots into other "rooms" but it mainly leads into a little maze section for them... They really love running around and stuff, i mean comon who wouldnt seriously

waruikazi said:
Do you have the males in with the females? if so it is a good idea to separate them as i have seen males eat other pinky rats and kill them so that they can get the mum rats pregant again.
Thanks for the advise the males and females are not together they had been kept together thats why im having a control issue but slowly sorting itself out.All the preg females are mooved to the upstairs cages.

they pee in a tub of kitty litter and the pavers are scrubbed every couple of days

That's an awful lot of work, sweeping them out twics a day and scrubbing every other. is it really worth all the effort?

I keep my rats in an avairy and i havnt had any trouble keeping the male with the female. As far as i know you can even keep multiple males without trouble if they have enough space.

They all crap in the same spot and this is far away from where they spend the rest of their time, one shovel a week and changing of furniture and bedding is all that is needed.
Despite a bad reputation rats are very clean animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back