Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating chicken has absolutely nothing to do with cats killing wildlife. The problem with cats is that Australias environment cannot support cats, this is why they have caused the diminsihing of wildlife, not only the small animals, but they also out compete things like Quolls, a beautiful Native mammal that is often reffered to as the Native Cat, and has been wiped out in many areas due to factors including competition with cats(although that is not always the only reason I must add).

It's because it's not susstainable for cats to be out in the bush that they are such a problem, our environment can't handle them. I do not support the cruelty submitted to cats, but I believe it is nessicary to cull feral cat and also, that irresposibly kept cats should be dealt with. When I say dealt with, I don't mean immediately kill the animal, but communicate with the owner and try resolve the matter so that the animal is kept secure both Night and Day. If this cannot be resolved, and the animal/s continue to enter your premisis or reserve land, then it should be sent to the council or dealt with appropriately.

In relation to the chicken comment, if killed in a humane and sustainable manner, I see no problem with the consumption of other animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back