Does your snake smell???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi all,

just wondering if your snake's enclosure smells??

I clean Diego's tank regularly (as soon as it's messed) including his hide, water dish and climbing branch, but i've got the felt carpet variety of flooring for his vivarium... and for some reason i can't seem to get rid of the smell from his waste!!

Has anyone else had this problem? if so how did you solve it?

i'm considering getting a different floor covering that may not trap the smell so much... especially seeing if it's holding this odour, i would think it would be harbouring bacteria aswell.

any helpful hints or suggestions anyone???

Thanks
xoxox

Chuck the carpet stuff and go for newspaper, you'll soon get used to the look and the ease of cleaning is a great payoff. Plus as soon as you remove the sheet of paper with crap on it smell goes with it, well fairly soon after anyway.

Newspaper.

I think there is a pattern starting to occur here...... :D

Actually, Hugs, I would suggest newspaper. I find it better than what you said.

The daily telegraph works really well, though the sun herald isn't too bad either, i have also used the local Oberon review and found it suprisingly good as i can see my snake crap on local people's faces.

I somehow always end up with the adult section. Probably because it is the biggest section of our local newspaper

Samma3l said:
Choosing the right newspaper is important. Not only are you showing how you feel about murdoch, fairfax or packer, but they also have different sizes and this is important if you are trying to save trees/effort

I made my cage depth match the size of the Sun Herald. Saves stuffing around trying to get the whole floor covered or having to fold pages.

I had smelly snake once, i went to the doctor and he gave me some cream and some antibiotics........went away in a week.

:lol:

da_donkey said:
I had smelly snake once, i went to the doctor and he gave me some cream and some antibiotics........went away in a week.

:lol:

You'll get that if you put the snake in a smelly hide.

Use the property guide, that way if the snake doesn't like it, it can look for a new house.

I use it BUT i have heard thet the ink off the newspaper can give your snakes canker saws, could this be true?? it sound feisable,...I might get switched to butchers paper (its plain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back