Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
These are some photo's of a freaky carpet bred by English breeder Paul Harris. I think it is fair to say most of us probably haven't seen anything quite as interesting as this :lol:
The photo's have been reproduced with the kind permission of Paul.
freakycarpet.jpg

freakycarpet2.jpg

Very interesting little guy there Boa, what is its background? Was it the only one produced?

Love the markings nice to see something not the norm ......

Curious if anyone else believes the marking on the lighter hatchlings head resembles the Star of David ?? Could be worth a fortune to the religous especially seeing it is on a serpant.

Yes I see what you mean, it's a sign I tell ya :)
The best thing is that it's lineage being coastal (Jag) and Jungle it is pure so should appeal to everyone.

You don't have pictures of the Mother and father (son) do you ? Or even the Grandparents ? I would be very interested in seeing the original breeding pair and following the line down to this clutch.

Boa, to me a coaslat/jungle is not pure.

I will get in touch with Paul and ask him. I know the parents where to quote Paul ''04 50% Jungle Jaguar male back to his Jungle mother.'
I'm not sure about previous lineage though. Pure animals selectively bred.

Again that's fine but IF the research into carpet genetics shows them to be identical then it is impossible for them to be 'mongrels'.

Dicco said:
I'm with Rob, it may be pretty, but to me its still a mongrel :p

Call it what you like guys, but give it 5+years alot of people will be into these type of morph's, especially if it is true about the illegal Jag imports that came into Australia last year.
I think it is exciting, but also like the pure locality specific animals to, I hope we have breeders that keep both groups for decades to come.

Neil

Mongrel or not ..........I am interested in the pattern and tonal quailities being produced by this selective breeding. Especially if his line photos are forth coming I am wondering how they have differed from the original pair and how many generations he has plan mated thus far. Any idea what he trying to produce in way of marking - colour ?

I could'nt care what anyone thinks of cross bred morelia, i like them & i would gladly part with my hard earned cash to buy them,!!!
if everyone in the world like the same things then it would be a pretty boring place!!
I have met paul harris..... & although i think he's full of bovine excrement !! , he does produce some lovley little herps!

Absolutely spot on, just what I have been aying for a year or more, the 2 are not mutually exclusive. I will fit right into that bracket you describe and I will be able to be trusted to tell people exactly what they are.

NCHERPS said:
Call it what you like guys, but give it 5+years alot of people will be into these type of morph's, especially if it is true about the illegal Jag imports that came into Australia last year.
I think it is exciting, but also like the pure locality specific animals to, I hope we have breeders that keep both groups for decades to come.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back