Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jeez ad......
violent083.gif
:wink: :lol:

So, what are the chances of that study changing current classifications or being used in court to justify cross breeding? Absolutely Nil.
Cross that one off the list.

ad said:
So, what are the chances of that study changing current classifications or being used in court to justify cross breeding? Absolutely Nil.
Cross that one off the list.

You cant say that, how do you know it wont be used ?? Like Neil has already said.....it must have some foundation to it, to have been presented in the first place !

Well til the study is actually accepted and here for us to read it all means squat diddly. I could present a scientific study with my findings suggesting that all life began in Jamaica but til it is accepted by the scientific community is it really meaningful for me to start waffling on about it?

I don't know, try us with your theory, it sounds like it has some merit, we'll kick it around a bit and mull it over and sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow with some conclusions.

Parko said:
Well til the study is actually accepted and here for us to read it all means squat diddly. I could present a scientific study with my findings suggesting that all life began in Jamaica but til it is accepted by the scientific community is it really meaningful for me to start waffling on about it?

True to some extent parko, but the findings presented in the report are plausible........unlike yours would be !! :lol:

Yeah i guess there's no harm in meaningless chatter, nothing gained or lost really.
Either way genetics aside, for me personally it'll be a shame to see the true body shapes, patterns and colours which make up the various morelia lost or at least become hard to find and more expensive when people no longer care.

Now listen here moreliaman i've spent a lot of time going into deep trance like ponderings in Jamaica ,man, so i think it fair to say my theories are at least plausible, man.

Dicco said:
Ah well Parko, it's 'the way of the future'.

:lol: Oh yeah sometimes old fashioned dudes like me forget about the future, i'm more interested in the natural history of Morelia than the trendy future of captive morelia, those new age funkadelic carpets will blow our minds. :wink:

With all due respect MoreliaMan, it's what's happened in the hobby where you live in the UK and also in the US that makes me have the feelings I do about hybrids here. Come over here to Australia, see our beautiful pure animals in the flesh, and I look forward to reading what you have to say about hybridising then.

Since it's the 'way of the future' and new people in the hobby jump on the bandwagon and just go with it instead of having their own opinion, no doubt pure and locale pure species will be fewer and farer between, and the prices of them will go up. Yes, there will always be people breeding them but what I fear is already happening- people who want pure species more often are sourcing our wild caught animals to get what they are after, people unsuspectingly are buying hybrids and breeding them, and then selling them as pure animals.

I remember 3 years ago, people who knowingly bred hybrids were social outcasts in this hobby and their snakes were worth nothing, no matter how 'pretty' they were. It only took a few people to change this, and now you are much more readily bagged on forums if you do believe that our species should be not knowingly crossed.

I'd like to ask people that are for hybridising, what are the reasons you want to have/buy/see crossed animals?

dont worry parko, if it does happen i cant see it in yours or my lifetime !!

how old fashioned are you ?? 1970's ? 1960's ?? 1890's :wink: :lol:

Moreliaman said:
dont worry parko, if it does happen i cant see it in yours or my lifetime !!

how old fashioned are you ?? 1970's ? 1960's ?? 1890's :wink: :lol:

Well you may be correct and it may not happen in our lifetime, or you could be wrong, i've got my opinion and you have yours, you aren't even living here so i dont really see your opinion as being valid for the hobby here anyway, no offence intended mate but that is how i see it.

PS i'm a 1969 creation.

but some of the reason why its hard to find pure species over could be because the buyer prefers the cross bred over the wild form !

Parko said:
you aren't even living here so i dont really see your opinion as being valid for the hobby here anyway, no offence intended mate but that is how i see it.

nice ! atleast i know where i stand with you!
perhaps i should regard everything you say with the same chain of thought !
Infact if thats the case, why are you bothering to reply !!?

and your only 1 year older than me so your not that old !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back