Saved from a Fox

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stencorp69

Reaction score
I saw a fox on top of a 9ft stone wall of an abandoned farm house out near York (WA) today. It was such an unusual sight that I decided to stop the car and have a look at what it was trying to get.

ooohi love tristis thats soo cute :) did u catch the fox also ? lol it wouldve been cool to catch the fox aswell and then get rid of it :) if ya know what i mean seeing as theyre ferral and all

lol it wouldve been cool to catch the fox aswell and then get rid of it

No I had the wife and kids in the car - I can't even mention killing bugs with them around

good work bro!

Quite a save there! Bet the fox wasn't too happy though... Love the pictures! Keep 'em coming. :D

Hes a friendly little bugger isnt he... Is it their nature to be that calm or did the fox injure him or something??

You asked my question Sam. Is it well ? It seems mighty calm for a wild monitor.

Hes a friendly little bugger isnt he... Is it their nature to be that calm or did the fox injure him or something??

No it was just cold -about 20C air temp but the wall would have been cooler. I don't know how the fox saw it - it was about 6 foot up the wall, half way into a wasted out groove and the fox was on top of the wall. I have no idea of thier nature though as its the first I've seen or caught.

After ten minutes in the sun it was a little more agressive but not much, in the end I put it in to a crevice on a north facing wall.

ooohi love tristis thats soo cute did u catch the fox also ?

I thought it was a rosenbergi not a tristis though, but the size was about right for a mature tristis.

bungarrow....well...at least thats what we used to call them. had one living under the communial swimming pool at Wiluna....

good work mate!
and awsome pictures!

bet u had a good feeling that day knowing u saved it!

Lacking the eye stripe and tail banding of a rosenbergs I think. Tristis would be my guess.
PFT.. Wiluna? Wow, i worked on the new police station there. Bungarra is a WA word for any type of monitor, taken from a noongyar word I think.

That's a nice lizard, I have a rosenbergs and that isn't one :) It does look like a tristis to me.

yeah I reckon it's definately tristis, the tail is a dead give away as is the head shape. gorgeous fello, gotta love the back!

Lacking the eye stripe and tail banding of a rosenbergs I think. Tristis would be my guess

Thanks guys. I'd never seen one before and the reference I used was Steve Wilson & Gary Swan's "A complete guide to Reptiles of Australia". The pictures in the book are nothing like (in colouring) the one I found, but the description certainly seems to point to tristis.

Sten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back