Holden VS Ford

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

Theres got to be a few other issues apart from donk added into the equation. A 13b sittin up the front of a 1000kg car would certainly have the nuts over a 1500kg car with an iron block 5ltr. Just another issue, a bit off topic. Sorry :)

Rossco.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

ether said:
in this class it is not unusual for naturally aspirated four bangers to carve up the vast majority of the mazdas, turbo 4's and some of the v8's.

Lotus?

As good as lotus' are they are actually not that fast, i think that the fastest under two litre car in IP is in victoria and is an SR20 powered datsun 1600.

What most people don't understand is that it is not all about power, you can have a thousand HP but if you can't stop and go around a corner it is pretty useless.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

boa said:
But you are argueing with yourself with those results, both show a Rotary as the winner. The fact that a 4 cylinder was ahead of other rotaries and V8's just means the 4 cylinder pilot was a better driver.

Well not really, i said that some of the under 2 litre cars beat the rotaries and v8's. I think those time sheets show that pretty well.

RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

go the datsuns!!! the best first car to thrash..and dato utes are beautiful...
but once your off your P's get a toyota!

my hilux has 485000 on the clock, and the only work I have ever done outside the usual service is to replace the brushes in the alternator and replace a coil that fried.

Anyone out there with a holden or ford that can match this put their hand up...

hows it goin jack ,i am a hilux owner 99 sr5 turbo diesil 135000 on the clock ,this is the best car i have ever owned super reliable and can go anywhere go the toyotas!

hey sevrum, go the 'lux!
there was a show a few years back in Britain that a scottish mate told me about, they tested cars to see which was the most indestructable... the hilux got dumped in the ocean...and they got it started, blown up in building demo...and my mate said they still couldnt kill it...beat all other makes hands down...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

jack said:
hey sevrum, go the 'lux!
there was a show a few years back in Britain that a scottish mate told me about, they tested cars to see which was the most indestructable... the hilux got dumped in the ocean...and they got it started, blown up in building demo...and my mate said they still couldnt kill it...beat all other makes hands down...

That was the best ever episode of top gear!

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Holden VS Ford

My mechanic prefers the feel of leather seats which is why I only own Jaguars. I am currently saving up enough money to fill up the 2nd fuel tank....

my hilux has 485000 on the clock, and the only work I have ever done outside the usual service is to replace the brushes in the alternator and replace a coil that fried.

Amazing! nearly 500,000km on one set of tyres, one clutch, never needed new diff oil or anything!
Did it do most of those km's on a trailer?

anyone else with any good hilux stories? GO THE LUX!

I'm a McLaren fan! Gotta love those doors!

But give me the 'Back to the Future' or 'KnightRider' car any day!

I got a VR V8 ute with 298kw at the rears....Sure I have to take out a mortgage to run it now thanks to George W, but I love it....

power in utes

Hey scotty, i always wondered why so many ute owners do up their vehicles. The weight over the rear wheels (which drive the thing) is next to nothing. I remember a crazy guy called "Judge" (some may have heard of him) who extracted 1000kw's at the wheels out of a twin turbo 5 litre V8 which he had in a VS commodore ute. Imagine trying to get traction in that thing :shock: then imagine it's raining! AAAAAHHHHHH Sideways city! I see now :idea: I believe that "judge" guy ended up dying after tranferring the engine to an alfa romeo giacolotta then running into a wall... Maybe he shoulda stayed in the ute... :wink:

RE: power in utes

Yep Todd Wilkes died at Eastern creek in 2001.
The officials ran the track backwards at that meeting.
Starting at the end of the track & finishing at the start of the track.
Anyone who knows the track knows you would have to be brain dead to race in that direction as there was no safety barriers at the start only concrete walls & it had less braking distance in that direction. The proper direction had a gravel braking area & an escape route which would have helped in this situation immensely. Poor judgement on the officials part especialy when they didn't do any test runs before proceeding with racing. They also ran in that direction as it was slightly down hill & the event was "terminal velocity"

R.I.P Todd!

RE: power in utes

i have always liked HOLDENS!! most of all the walkinshaws and the older brockys mmm love the V8's
but after going for a drive in my mates 13b mild port twin turbo running 17psi boost and microtech rx7 with 500hp nos kit.That is something you dont forget in a hurry but it would have been alot nicer in a rx3 or 4 shell

Only 1 person to mention MOPAR now these are very nice moters 500wedge mmm 500ft/lb of torque 500hp @5000rpm hard to beat.., for a standard moter

i have no time at all for fords but simone i do fogive you for batting for the wrong team.

and its amazing to see how many people drive mazda bravo / ford couriour

Slow and steady wins the race.............go the hilux!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back