Why you should have light covers...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaPeas

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, it wasn't plugged in yet, and the hole is now covered and the light have a wire covering over it!

A whole new tank to explore, with a nice hot basking rock, and she chooses to go in there! :)

hehe

That's gorgeous. At least she is letting you know where she is. :)

She came out fine, just waited until it was night :)

Then when I plugged it up, she kept rubbing her nose on it trying to get back in, and I felt really bad haha

haha that's nice. I would have freaked if I saw that.

Nice Bredli though :)

I hope that bredli is a qualified electrician, it would probably be nice and warm in there :)

:lol: perhaps you could make a little wooden box with a hole & attach it to the celing of the viv :wink:
I've had a few hide like that.....the sudden panic attack & thought of.....OH NO....its escaped !!! :shock: :lol:

I know, I was looking and looking and looking! I thought, there is NO way it could escape, unless it squeezed through the 1mm gaps in the airvent haha. Then I saw this little face looking at me!

She's fine now, she found her fav. hide under the heat light heheh

My bf was panicking and saying I should try and pull her out of the hole, I just laughed and said I wouldn't have a chance in hell of pulling her out, and she would come out when she was ready.

Same thing happened to me. Had a fluro at the back of the enclosure went to go and have a look at the snake and gone. After tearing my hose apart for half an hour had a look up behind the light and hey presto. The light has since been taken out.

happened to me first it started with Spice sitting on the wire's (cabel) coming out of it and then one day they were both gone and i was looking for ages and was panicing then my mum came and seen monty's tail in the fluro light (lucky i don't use it ) never turn it on! was quiet funny! but scary !

Too many times have I also seen snakes doing figure 8's around groups of party lights – it’s simply not worth the risk! Generally, they don’t move soon enough, if at all, after they’ve turned on again. :(

Cute photo by the way :D

Re: RE: Why you should have light covers...

moosenoose said:
Too many times have I also seen snakes doing figure 8's around groups of party lights – it’s simply not worth the risk! Generally, they don’t move soon enough, if at all, after they’ve turned on again. :(

Cute photo by the way :D

I made sure there was a cover over the heat light before the snake went in, but I generally don't worry too much about the fluro when they are still quite little.

RE: Re: RE: Why you should have light covers...

that is a GREAT photo!!
I can see the caption: "It is a bit small but the views are great!"

cheers
Ange

Very good advert for light covers .

great pic :lol:

Had a chinldreni go missing exaclty the same way.. was right in the middle of the flouro though so had to taer the whole thing apart.. cheeky bugger.

Great pic and the caption would have gone beautifully lol.

When i got my first python a 6ft carpet i had no idea about light covers and i kept discovering that the red bulb would not work, and it wouldn't matter if i swaped it with the blue socket it kept happening, being blonde i thought that maybe all my red bulbs were faulty, only lasting a few nights at a time. now i know that she had been wraping herself around it. i'm lucky it didn't burst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back