Head stuck

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGTOE

Reaction score
Well I just got home from work the kids were frantic
"Garth has his head stuck in the top of his pot"

Bugger, he was trying to fit through the hole he used to be able to fit through
but grew

the pot was big enough but the hole... well...

Not a happy snakey, did you manage to get it out okay in the end?

Did you get him out? Should of just broken the pot, screw driver and a hammer would spilt gently.

A warning to us all, keep small holes closed up! Thanks for the pics! Hope everything turned out ok!

hope you both learnt your lesson! (just kidding) LOL! I came up with a great game once called "find the snake". Pretty self explainatory. Put the snake in the centre of a large room (preferably one with lots of dark hiding spots), leave the room for half an hour and upon returning attempt to find your snake as soon as possible. My flat mate wasn't keen on this game so it's been banned in the apartment. A variant of this game is retrieve the snake. Thats the one you seem to be playing. LOL. In this variation it is not uncommon for both participants to receive injury (as you are now aware). Hope your snake recovers fast mate!

A distressing moment for the whole family... :( Oh well everyone is ok now and I plan to learn from your mistake. :wink:

Looks like a nasty one... has he bitten you before like that? normally it's just a warning lance...

you , or rather the snake is very lucky to have only lost a few scales,
if you hadnt got to him in time i hate to think what you might have seen and the pain the poor snake might have gone through,
i think of a tiger snake stuck in the birdnet that we went to.and looking at the open mouth of your python reminds me of what this poor animal went through,they panic when caught around the middle like that and can do horrendous damage to themselves
good lesson

thats a rather nasty pic you dug up there ssssnakeman! cant imagine it living long with a wound like that... poor thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back