coastals mating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

I had a information from some people in Sydney that they coastals are mating.
My coastals usually start about midle of July. Anybody have some info about this happening ? Sydney area.

I have put mine together once or twice but no action yet, think it is still early but not harm in trying so i guess a few have tried and got lucky.

Cheers Alex

I will be introducing a trio tomorrow.
Had started cooling them earlier this season due to low temps & hunger strikes.

Spent today setting up a few new enclosures which will be put to good use tomorrow (tonight they are cycling so I can check temps and adjust thermostats accordingly)

mine are mating since about 20th of june this year.
same male was mating with different female last year at the same time as well.
cheers

Slatey,
Mine dont even look at each other till about Aug/Sept. It depends alot on the captive conditions they are subject too. My childrens are still mating away yet some people aren't far off getting eggs. If you put your coastals together and see nothing don't worry. I've had them mate as late as october and produce good eggs.

ok this is all new to me,,,, 1st year at trying to breed,,, been reading & the sorts asking ??? etc,, i'm looking at puting my MDP's together this season,, when should i start to think of putting them together,, is there a set time or date to put them together ???

I was careless about two months ago and caught Heraklion (diamond boy) being intimate with Circe (coastal girl) on top of my bookshelf! I have been advised that this will probably not result in more Oopses due to the timing (phew!)

Isosceles and Rome (both jungles!!!!) were intimate about a week ago.

OH Lilly, they should not do such a things infront of lady on top of bookshelf.
Thanks to you all for your input.
I find always interesting to read of other people experiances in this. I have natural light to my cages, and that is sometimes important together with temperatures. I gues that psition of cages and heating, lighting condition are the factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back