hey ppl i found this in my pool

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
... or a baby ackie going on the markings. They love splashing about in the water at that age.

I rekond Varanus eremius for sure.
Striped tail with those markings on its back, not a caudolineatus.
Cool, pity its dead, there on my wish list!!

Jason

I agree, eremius...
Stunning little monitors....
I remember the first time i'd ever seen one....all i could see was a striped tail sticking out of a hole in the ground;
i'd never seen anything like it......i sat for sometime watching it trying to back fill the hole with it's back legs.
Afterwards upon closer inspection; it ended up being a female that had layed three eggs six inchs into the hot desert sand.
I was amazed that she knew that must have been the ideal place to lay her eggs...... What can i say other then natures
brillant !!! You have some of the most insane reptiles over there Matt....start counting the different species just found in your backyard;
you'll be astonished how many you come up with....happy herping you lucky bugger!!!

I have to agree the tail does resemble eremius, although, the spots on its back are very reminiscent of a young panoptes.

it could also look like one of the Eulamprus species but a better photo would help..lol...but duga it does look that way also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back