Hello, New here. DUW!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekRoddy

Reaction score
My name is Derek Roddy and I live "over the big pond" in South Florida.
I have a fairly big collection of Aussie animals including carpets, womas, and some of the best Blackheads I've seen over here.
I only keep reptiles as a hobby. I'm a professional drummer and tour alot so it doesn't lend as much time for the animals as I would like. If there are any drummers in the house please check out my site www.derekroddy.com.
I also have a forum with about 1600 drummers from all over...so if any of you want to talk drums....feel free to stop by.
Anyway here are some of my animals
Glad to finally be a member here. Been lurking for a long time.
Derek.

Blackheads
DSC01342.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01464.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

BHP.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

womas
DSC01092.jpg
DSC00747.jpg

DSC01529.jpg
DSC01435.jpg

Various Morelia
DSC01462.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC00986.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

hpa0000.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

Sorry, My pictures aren't the best but, You get the idea. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Beautiful snakes you've got there Derek. :)

Very Very NOOOIIIICE!!!! Welcome to the best side of the Pacific. Love your BHP's. Looks like you've got a good mix of easterns and westerns.

Cheers Rossco.

You know, I wish the early herper over here had kept some kind, "any kind" of locale data. Fact of the matter is... no one that keeps Aussie snakes can be sure of what they have here in the states.

I have about every available blood line of BHP python in the US, with the exception of Matt Turners "red" line and Jim Sargents " Ivory" and " Hypo" lines.
I'm working on that 8) .
I do know where my animals came from and what the are "supposed" to be but I put no stock into that.
I have a group of 1.2 "western animals" But I believe one to be more of a "NT" animal from what I've researched. 1.1 of them came from Casey Lasik who had documented west animals.
And I have a 1.2 group of "QLD" from VIP, RareEarth and Georgen lines.

I have noticed scalation differences with-in my group and would be interested in "picking" (some of you that have detailed expirence with BHP locale) brains for a bit.
Anyway I love my BHP's. They are my favorites.
Thanks.

Beautiful snakes! Better looking animals than a lot of people have here!

nice herps mate and welcome. just wandering if you can show us how you keep them over there?? ie. cages and the like.

Welcome mate! Nice pics! Do you keep many American (exotics over here) reptiles? Would love to see some "Boa" pics...

VERY VERY NICE, Welcome, my brothers and i play drums we have a pearl forum series not bad but not the best we have guitars and stuff too so we all play and jam at times, Beautiful snakes!

Those BHP's are awesome, wish we had snakes like that here in Oz :wink:

Ricko said:
nice herps mate and welcome. just wandering if you can show us how you keep them over there?? ie. cages and the like.

I keep the BHP's in 6' x 3' x 18" tall on newspaper at about 84 ambiant temp. with a hot spot at about 92.
The womas and carpets I keep in 4' x 2'x 18" tall on newspaper and the same temps.
I'll see if I can find some pics of the cages.
Thanks for all the coments.......
I'm still jealous though.....I can't walk in my back yard and see my favorite snakes.

jessop said:
Welcome mate! Nice pics! Do you keep many American (exotics over here) reptiles? Would love to see some "Boa" pics...

I don't really have anything other than Aussie snakes. Honestly, I don't really care for any other snakes. I'm a python guy so I don't really care for Boas and colubrids.
My wife has a few corn snakes.

I agree with you Derek......I think we have the best pythons in the world....I don't have any desire to have ANY exotic snakes!!

great collection congrats, and welcome to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back