Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soulweaver

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
HEY People.

The other night Neil came to melbourne to attend the V.H.S meeting. Whilst here some mongrels broke in and stole 8 pythons.

Below is the images as well as the email from neil.

If anyone has seen anything please contact Neil Sonnemann [email protected] or pm me and i will pass on any information.

All anybody wants is the pythons back, so if you did it, turn yourself in and the pythons!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Luke,
Good to catch up with you at the meeting, had a nasty surprise when I got home to find some snakes stolen.

Sending details to you and Kevin as well, if you could post some photos on the internet sites for me I'd appreciate it. Maybe someone will see or hear something.

8 juvenile pythons were taken, there are photos of 5 of them.
They were taken away in 8 clear plastic containers. The containers are distinctive in that they each have 7 ventilation holes on every side(see photo).

Detailed list as follows-

2 x Northern Territory Woma pythons, /Aspidites ramsayi/, about 2 feet long,value $2,500 each
2 x South Australian Woma pythons of similar size, value $800 each
4 x Black headed pythons, /Aspidites melanocephalus/, of similar size, value $800 each.

Total value is $10,000.

Regards
Neil

Obviously someone who has visited the premesis before (unless it was a fluke) and were aware that he was attending the meeting. I doubt they will be found though, from the point of view of the theives, that is one hell of a heist...

That definately sucks a big one... :evil:

I saw Neil that night that night, and and it was good to catch up with him again. To think that people would organise to do something like this truly disturbing.
My condolences to Neil.

I hope they catch the little bludgers who stole from him!

Trent

Well to me it looks like they have been in that room before, to so perfectly make the hole in the right place like that!

Sorry for your loss Niel!! It's really nasty that someone would stoop to these kind of things.

i think they might have known what they wanted 2 and exsactly where they were, i wouldn't trust anyone! sad to hear hope they catch them and he gets his stuff back!

Well I am really sorry this has happened to this man who I can see works hard for his collection.
Who ever does a thing like this must feel they cant do a thing for themselves,so they have to take from the good ppl in this world who have pride in what they do and passion.

I really hope he gets his pythons back :(

Kylie

With those walls covered by snake cages, besides the door, it looks like there was only one clear way in. I imagine you would have had to have been inside that room at some stage to have known that. I would suggest going through the recent lists of visitors.

:(

That's digusting, low act.

I'm suprised they didn't get away with more.

Thats not on, it's obvious whoever it was has been there before and to me it looks like someone who has just got into herps an those particular snakes were what they were after, either that or they got disturbed in the process of getting more.
Doesn't seem like they would have been after it for the money side of things as they could have got adults. Iwould be tracking down any new(ish) keepers you have had at your place in the last year.
I think if people keep their ears open you have a good chance of finding your snakes, they are not your average stolen snake.

Very sorry to here Neil, i hope you find the scum bags that did this and get you pythons back........and then teach them a lesson.

Yea ya cant get much lower than that....
Dont give up Neil, it had to be someone who was in that snake room, more than once.
You may have to wait a while, but you will find out who did it..... someone will spit the beans.....
Dont give up mate

I feel sorry for Neil, unfortunately there is low-lifes out there who do stupid things like this to people. Hopefully with most people on the look out for his animals they'l be found. Also hopefully he gets a chance alone for 1/2 hour with the people responsible.

thats not good.

Thats why we dont let anyone in our herp rooms

nick

sorry to here that, imo it looks like they new him or read the sites, they most likely new he was out of town and to have the whole in the right spot eg the end of the shed so the tanks arent covering the wall, and they new what they wanted cause they took expensive animals, id say they had been there before.

That makes me so angry.... Theft as a terrible invasion of privacy at the best of times but to lose animals is the worst..... I only hope that who ever has them knows how to correctly care for them and that they get their just deserves oneday..
Sorry about your news Neil

Any of ur mates got any new snakes ..... go check their set ups ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back