Speling - verry importent!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not returned emails typed in obvious sms text asking after things I have for sale because the first impression I have is they aren't going to look after the animal properly. I am NOT saying that these people are stupid and can't look after animals, but it's just my first impression of them, and I'm allowed to have that.

I don't return these emails either, not because I don't think they can't look after animals but if they can't be bothered to type it in English then I can't be bothered to translate it.

cant believe this thread has been so popular

:D everyone loves disagreements and name calling :D especially when they start to smell blood :lol:

Sheesh. For a Newbie- 'BANDIT' sure seems intent on making enemies.

And obviously is showing him/herself to be a hippocrit. Unbelievable.

Did someone leave the screen door open again? It looks like the mongrel dogs keep getting back in somehow. Might be time for the shotty I reckon.

No more Mrs.Nicelady.

Oh, and Afro...good point.

I agree- just like I'm NOT their english teacher- I'm also not a freakin' translator either.

How would you know he is a newbie? He may of been breeding reptiles for 10 years.

The arguements on here seem to be getting tamer and tamer , its turning into a farce. Next time Moosey have a crack :lol:

Ps. Lets not talk footy

lol i love these sorts of discussions. everyone has a stab and no-one gets hurt (seriously). i can talk 1337 speak and SMS fluently (not to mention good ol' Aussie bogan and proper english)... and have no problem doing so whatsoever... but if i owned a business and people can't even be arsed typing formally for the sake of professionalism, then i wouldn't be bothered to give them any respect or professionalism back. :p
Forums i have no prob with, and i will quite often use all the common terms like u, n and r because they are easy enough to read by even my grandma (ha! like to see her on the net!). The only time it's a problem is when they'll try to type something is sms, and because it's only the crucial letters that are left, when a letter is left out it makes for a horrible time translating!

On ya moosenoose for starting this thread, much enjoyment had!
bumdart,
ahh..
get that dart out ya bum or something! ;)

Ps. Lets not talk footy
PS Stevo, u must be an essendon supporter eh?
:( me too.

I hate people that can't spell to save their lives. If you can get on the net and type you can learn how to spell, let alone complete and constructive and coherent sentence.

I seem to remember that school taught you grammar and spelling at a young age.

Take a bit of bloody pride in yourself!

I'm with you moose and Samma3l.

Eevn if the wrod is seplt worng yuor bairn can stlil pcik up the word... spelling isnt inportant, just look at other nations such as america spelling mum .. mom, its still mum isnt it?...

Damm aerial ping pong supporters, get a life and follow a real game, go the Rugby League :D
Back to the original subject, I can spell, it's my dislexic keyboard that has the problems.

lol i kind of agree with you because sometimes I read a post and think...shallow end of the gene pool here! But most of the time spelling mistakes are ok. Especially as most of them are typos!

I think its a lack of pride. Personally, I take pride in my education, and spelling correctly, speaking eloquently and not looking like a 'feral' or whatever the name for uneducated, illiterate and unemployed high school dropouts is these days.

is there a difference between not spelling and typing correctly because you are just bad at it, like me :)

and these other lazy people? :)

I always blame my spelling on the account of the dried Jim Beam on the key board. Pretty stickey stuff and almost impossible to clean off.

There are plenty of people who cant spell properly, and half the time i don't blame them. I have a brother who can't spell very well and he is hardly a feral. He might not be great with spelling or in the use of a pc but with operating machinery or fixing things he's a total genius. Alot of people get left behind at school because they might not be as quick to learn stereotypical "smart" subjects such as maths, english and grammar. Many teachers and parents then give up on them which is half the problem.
Yes you should be proud of your education but also accept the fact that some people might not be as fortunate as yourselves to receive such an education. If you can understand what the person is trying to get across whats the big deal?

Simone.

If you're bad at it, then thats different...but being lazy about it by shortening everything is pure laziness.

I mean things like 'LOL, ROFL' etc are fine- they are accepted shortenings- but when people can't be bothered to type 'you' instead of 'u'...and the like- its just lazy.

I don't hold grudges against anyone who does it, but it does piss me off.

Moosenoose do you have an alarm in your head that makes you bring up this topic every 3 months lol. I love it cause it usally boils down to me ha ha ha.

as for u peplz hu cnt spel propa dnt fel 2 bad it aint u hu dees fewls are planin bout it is us internet slang uzin peplz day dnt like tee hee hee hee tee hee hee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back