AHS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan

AussiePythons Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone renewed their AHS membership? Usually due in May, but I didn't get a reminder this year. My last newsletter was October 2005 and last issue of Herpetofauna was December 2005.
Can't get any info on the net as their website has been down for some tome now.

Membership was due in May, and there hasn't been a Newsletter since last year. There is a Herpetofauna due out in the next month or so.

The AHS meeting is on tomorrow night - Bigguy is coming along to talk about doing reptile shows and the public's perception of them. I believe he'll be bringing some some herps along.

:p

Hix

Hi guys,
I a noobie to APS and am moving to sydney from overseas, looking to join AHS as well, can anyone tell me what the transfer board that AHS runs is for? Have been trying to get into the website but have been unable. The depth of knowledge and experience on this website is tremendous by the way. Kudos! :wink:

The transfer board is a whiteboard - each meeting anyone with anything for sale writes it up. Anyone who wants anything writes that up too.

From where are you coming?

Hix

Looking forward to Bob's talk :)
You and Hugs better make it down to the pub this time! You both owe me drinks :p :lol:

I will be there too :D , but have to take the kids :cry: So no pub for me :cry: or I could leave them in the car :twisted:

Vat69 said:
Looking forward to Bob's talk :)
You and Hugs better make it down to the pub this time! You both owe me drinks :p :lol:

I'll try!!

I should be in the city well before the meeting, so if you want to meet at the pub at about 6 or 6:30, that will be fine too!

Hix

Hix,

I coming back to Sydney from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (short-term event/conference organising contract). Met quite a few avid/rabid herpers out here, quarantine and import laws are really lax in Dubai and people can get pretty much anything they want and I REALLY mean anything. Take a peak in my gallery... Look forward to seeing some of you guys at future AHS meetings, :wink:

Cheers!

I'm unable to go to the meeting. Could you guys find out about the membership.
As they have a few new people on the committee, I have a feeling renewals won't be posted as most people pay when attending a meeting. You can contact the society via the p.o. Box.

raist said:
Hix,
I coming back to Sydney from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (short-term event/conference organising contract). Met quite a few avid/rabid herpers out here, quarantine and import laws are really lax in Dubai and people can get pretty much anything they want and I REALLY mean anything.
Cheers!

Well, make sure you declare EVERYTHING on your passenger card at Sydney airport - "Border Security" is one of the most popular shows on TV at present.
If you declare it and it's not permitted, they'll just take it off you.
If you don't declare it and it's not permitted, they'll still take it off you but they'll also take a few hundred bucks as well as a fine!

Hix

reckon i'd get away with a juvenile ball python in my pants, diguised as a trouser snake.

but seriously, wouldnt even TRY to bring anything in, customs being as thorough as they are. :shock:

raist said:
but seriously, wouldnt even TRY to bring anything in, customs being as thorough as they are. :shock:

Not only that, but the State DEC's, CALM's and NPWS's also regularly view this site - it would be foolish to think that Customs, Quarantine and Aust. Federal Police don't do the same.

Hix

Absolutely right Hix,

couldn't agree more. With all due respect to AHS as a credible honourable society, I'm curious. I wonder how many legitimate licensed herp owners, that are also AHS members, trade or own exotics? and whether any exotic trades or swaps go down at AHS meetings (quietly of course)... Waddya reckon?

It wouldn't surprise me if there were AHS members with exotics. But I would be surprised if they were silly enough to trade them openly at a meeting - not much privavcy, and as soon as you produce a bag or plastic container there's usually a dozen kids and other interested adults stopping to have a sticky-beak. Even talking about trading them would be risky.

Hix

Yeah makes sense. :lol: So people trade herps on-the-spot at AHS meetings, would that be right Hix? Stuff from the transfer board as well? Sorry if the answer to this question seems obvious, just wanna gather as much information as I can, will be attending my first meeting at the end of August, might be looking to pick up a boid as well. :)

Yeah, I've acquired reptiles on the night in the past.

And when you say 'boid' I assume you mean pythoninae?

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back