Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

My comment wasn't in relation to the smugglers but the fact that it was referred to as an American morph when in fact it is a natural colour change.

[Codered]Boa, its not an issue for me. In fact I was hoping to find some of these varieties :) My initial statement was supposed to be funny .. you know smugglers getting overtime and all. Next time I'll use lot and lots of smiles :)[/quote]

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

Nome said:
but the water's have definately been muddied with most of them.

I have Chondro in my pure perfect Water Pythons ???

:shock: :cry:

;)

A long time ago all Chondros were brother and sister living in the same land. Over time the earth seperated and diferent islands were formed including Australia with a few of the Brother and sister Chondros on each island. They continued to breed but only within each island population as and so each island population developed particular locality characteristics.
Isn't it likely that given enough ofspring there would be the odd throw back. Whilst Aru "type" Chondros are generally the same the odd throwback may turn up which has an appearance closer to another island type.
Even after the islands split it is likely that animals travelled between islands as driftwood of by aborigine. Locality discriptions are general and there will always be exceptions to the norm. If you like exceptions they are retained and a new color morph is bred If not all the purists out their would of course euthanase the freek.

Now now people. No more discussion or debate. It's time to get back to doing what we do best...

give us a t...T

give us a r... R

give us a u... U

give us a e... E

give us a b... B ..........................etc!

:wink: :lol:

For what it's worth (and we all know it wont be considered worth much :wink: ) I think she's gorgeous Lily. But then I'm one of those freaks who thinks "boring old Coastal Carpets" are beautiful so what do I know about what's attractive in a snake of any description? :p

Oops :oops: Sorry if I sounded a bit "sour grapish" for a moment there, TB. I was having a dig at all your little followers! I read a rule recently that says we musn't like a snake unless you've bred it. Methinks they didn't take it for the joke that it was :roll:

If Green Lotus turns out to be a "toothpaste chondro" I'll come up north in my bikini and you can help me drown my sorrows with a few beers! :wink:

RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

This is Green Lotus. She is 10mths old. I think she looks beautiful as is and would be thrilled if she didn't change anymore!

Would be worth a lot more if it didn't change anymore then this

Not to Trueblue! He wants it to be a colgater so that he gets to drink with me in a bikini! Right TB?

dam right, youve got to bring your expensive frilly lace knickers too.

Naturally! I'd forgotten about those for a moment!

any way i dont have any followers.??? thats an insult to them, they just appreciate healthy happy snakes that hate thermostats.

And the possibility of hybridising eh TB? I think you do have followers tho, even if you haven't noticed them yourself... or maybe they're just hangers on???

J.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

mitchyj said:
yuk not a fan of it sorry
Yeh mitchy its like ordering a several thousand dollar coral trout and getting served up a mullet,it looks like a weed with gravel rash,the one on your avatar is nice. :D

i dont think its like that at all, some people agree with my methods but a lot dont, i think thats what it more boils down too. alot of people cant get their head around not using a thermostat because its the said way, but IMO its a bad way, as i can set up a large collection with out any thermostats and with no chance of cooking any thing and only using 2 bulbs to heat 4-7 tanks,( not just here but down south as well).
Some people can see the reasoning in this and most, since using it, would never go back to the said way.
I keep my animals different to what most people do and it works for me, and like ive said some agree with it some dont.

I am located in Sydney and I have been using TrueBlues methods of heating my bhps/olives/jungles for a while now and as of this weekend everything else is going to be kept the same way, I have had enormous success with this method and my bhps are doing so well I have eggs on the way which is a sure sign of them being healthy and happy.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Changing GTP

SNKMST said:
... I have eggs on the way which is a sure sign of them being healthy and happy.

Reproduction is a fundamental imperative which can occur even during advanced ill health.

I am not in any way suggesting your animals are not well kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back