hi im new here and asking for help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macsnake

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am new here and i am getting my first snake on the 3 sept , it is a jungle from Dolittle farm. And i am buiting an enclosure for her for when she is big enough, but for now i was wondering what size vents should i put in the enclosure and how many in a 3'x2'x2' . Any help would be great thanks :D

Hi and welcome to the site macsnake, i have an enclosure close to that size and it has 2 vents at the front (bottom of course) about 4cm wide (round vents) and the same at the back about half way up. spaced about 55cm apart, hope that helps. Lots of other people use different size vents too, so they might replay later with their ideas

Use the steel strainer thing you put in the plug hole in the kitchen sink. Just make sure that when you glue then in place you put them on the inside of the enclosure so the snake can't push then out.

jungle as a 1st snake ? lol best of luck with that

Jungles have a reputation for being flighty/snappy but can still be fine as a first snake. Sure, there are more docile species to start with. It will just be a steeper learning curve with a Jungle. (ie. more chance of being bitten).
My first snake was actually a Red Belly black snake..now there's a bad first snake. :D

just wondering how old/big is the jungle that you are getting?

im guessing a hatchie as you say for when it is big enough

also there are some posts on here with other peoples enclosures be sure to look at them as there are a lot of ideas out there

I've got all sorts of vents - small round 4cm vents - 10cm x 30cm vents and some wih nope. Don't seem much help to you do I.

If you are looking at putting some in and saving a bit of money, I tend to agree with Lucas as these are xtremely cheap and do the job great. CAn be bought anywhere as well

Oh and welcome to the site macsnake. Hope you enjoy getting to everyone :shock: and working out there personalities :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back