snake show comming to school today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
i paid my $4.50 last week and last period today the snake show will be on, i think its called dangerous australians or something, does anyone know who runs this?

ahh ok, never heard of him, i hope its gonna b good

it was alright, and it was mark who did it, but there were a few things he said, some i know are wrong some i'm not sure of, he said that all turtles breathe through their cloaca and held up an eastern long neck and said that the water dripping from its bottom was water that it was using to breathe with, another thing he said its impossible for 2 different species of reptiles to mate together, said they can only do it with their own kind, and the thing i'm not sure of was that he said no1 in aus had died in 26years from spider bites, please clear this up 4 me

Listen and learn young grass hopper...Turtles do breath through their cloaca. About the reptile breeding, you might have miss understood what he was saying.ie.Breeing un related and sub-species together. And about the spiders.....Don't know for sure, but sound about right to me.

is it all turtles that breathe thru their cloaca, i thought it was only the fitzroy river turtle that did, also he made it sound like that even say a bredli and a coastal cant breed together

Yeap all the turtles breathe through the cloaca, they get about 40% of there oxygen that way. I thought it was actually longer than 26 years since someone has died from a spider bite, but it probably isnt.

The Fiztroy River Turtle; Rheodytes leukops; is far more efficient at extracting oxygen through its cloaca. t can actually fully function using this method while most other turtles have reduced activity.

I love reptile shows. I do not go to them thinnking i know everything but show up with a willingness to learn anything new. I either take take mental notes or write them down, but it is good to ask further questions to either the speaker or other reptile keepers. Just remember that we only learn through our mistakes or the mistakes of others any free knowledge being shared is never cast aside in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back