Class 2 License

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeWrangler

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Am I correct in understanding that there are 4 levels to a class 2 license in NSW?

Class 2 - Basic - Requires 2 Years Experience Keeping Class 1 Species

Class 2 - Category 1 - Requires Class 2 Basic + Endorsements from Experienced Herpers with at least Class 2 - Category 1 License

Class 2 - Category 2 - Requires 1 Year Experience with Class 2 Category 1 Species

Class 2 - Category 3 - Requires 1 Year Experience with Class 2 Category 2 Species

Yep i've just read right through the class 2 licence section in the species list for NSW & thats exactly how it sounds to me. :)

Yeah, I was just reading through it as well which inspired this thread, I always had it in mind that I needed endorsements from experienced herpers for class 2 full stop, but if I can get class 2 after 2 years experience then I can keep the class 2 non-venemous species without having to go through dealing with elapids which is a relief because I am not real interested in keeping them anyway. :)

Anyone on at the moment with a class 2 license that can confirm this?

You get non venomous class 2 or if you want vens then you need references and that will give you cat 1.
Cat 3 is Oxyuranus sp and Pseudonaja textilis
So yes, I can confirm it. I understand they also want you to have your First Aid certificate if you go for Venomous Category now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back