MD colours

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpant_Lady

Reaction score
Ok just a quick question
Most of the MD's I have seen are grey/silver... BUT I have been looking at one on the URS site and she seems very'red' compared to yours.
Is this a locality sub species...??
http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/html ... rsale.html
she is the very last one in the MD section
Thanks so much in advance guys.
Kenz
P.S. yes I know I already posted this but it was under MD photos and only got one reply. I really appreciate the help guys

here's one with a bit of red in her
girl.jpg
[/img]

cause they are little, i am sure you know that they lighten with age... even if you saw the parents or the hatchling, it would only give you a rough indication on the hatchlings eventual colouring...

BEAUTIFUL snake there Whatsup

The colours haven't shed through yet. If you saw that one in three sheds time it would be a different MD to what you are
looking at now. Plus photo's don't always do herps justice.

ok thanks for that I understand better...
so what do you look for in a 'good looking' MD colour/pattern-wise

Whatever takes your fancy! like all herps, it is up to the individuals likes and dislikes. Here is a photo of a slate grey one for you.

Gammon Ranges carpet is thought to be part of a remnant population of Morelia imbricata descended from ancetors that were basically isolated there over 12000 years ago. There is also an isolated population of St Francis Island in the Nuyt's Archipelago.

I prefer the northern end md's with the high amounts of red (similar to whatsup's md). Some prefer the typical s.a md's normally black and grey and some prefer gammon ranges carpets but apparently they are a mix between sa md's and south west carpets from w.a and that they are neither metcalfei or imbricata.

They cant neither, they would be one, the other or both. Unless you are saying they are a different ssp or sp.

The MD in that pic looks red because it was on a green back ground when the pic was taken. Changing the back ground will contrast with the snake . Something i have learnt from colour matching car paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back