ouch!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Imagine this getting hold of you!

(isn't it a retic? the file was called anacondas teeth when I downloaded it)

Not 100% on exotics Nightowl, but I'm pretty sure you're right and it's not an Anaconda (I'm going to be wrong now.... :wink: )

Nope Kersten ur not wrong
that's no anaconda.
Dunno the exact name for it but deffinately a python. By the looks of it from Africa ( due to the pattern. )
But man what a pair of spikey's in that buggar.

I think I had an Email with that snake in it... Saying it got caught up in an electric fence (funny enough in Darwin) and some yank army boys cut it free. Which to the dismay of the owner of the electric fence as the snake had been killing his animals (what ever that maybe). Unfortunately I never kept the email, and secondly I hardly believe ANY emails I ever recieve anyway so it never impacted on me. Regardless of such it reminds me of a question that I have forgotten to ask... Do snakes' teeth grow back? Especially that of our beloved python species? Hehe... i'm sorry, must admit it's a great photo regardless. I am assuming the snake struck out and managed to hook itself on the fence... Poor wee thing... But I am guessing the photographer is just lucky a fence was in place!

Around the time the first of these photo's surfaced, a journalist in alice springs did a write up on it. He claimed that it was eating sheep off an NT station... I don't even think we have a sheep station up here lol.

yep, it was taken in SthAfrica, It had just eaten and because it was engorged oits back touched the electric fence. It turned to strike and thats the result. There were other photos that show a couple of cheps on the rench tekking photos.

Peter do you know if the snake died, I have seen this pic a few times and some say yes and some say no.
Havent had a maybe yet :lol:

I don't think that is an Electric fence. I would suggets that it is a standard paddock fence, the support post is grounded and connected to all of the horizontal wires. The set up doesn't make sense to me..

Loudenj from memory having seen more pictures of this snake before quite some time back..... it is indeed touching an electric fence as the porcelain insulators are shown (think it was a stand off wire but as I mentioned it was a while ago) ...

The current picture shown only shows ......the support being a dropper used to prevent wires from twisting and provide extra strength in case of animal (cattle) hitting it . These particular wires are not electric ..

I've seen various photos of this a few times too, I even think someone has/had it as their avatar on the forum. How big does an African Rock Python get? That thing looks mammoth!

im suprised they didnt cast it in 'snakes on a plane'
:lol:

There was a doco with David Attenborough and one of them (African rock Python) was waiting for a few days in the water for some antelopes to drink and it caught one (they were big too) swallowed it horns and all. I thought the horns would pierce through the snakes skin....but it didn't!! It was an amazing bit of footage!!
If you ever see a DVD called 'Great Wildlife Moments'...it is on that!!

lol heres the full story...

photos of a snake caught in an electric wire fence on a
sheep station near Alice Springs.

The story goes that some Army boys, on manoeuvres, came
Across this rock python caught in an electric fence. It's continually being shocked andgetting rather cranky...... The Army boys wondering what to do with it, decided to divert the current, snip the wire and let the snake go.
They then re-attached the wires and rejoined the current without any problems.
When the station owner found out he went ballistic - apparently, the snake has been eating all the young sheep in the area, and he's been trying to shoot it for ages.

dead serious. i got this ages ago, was gonna post it but at the time i had to wait a while between posts.
here the other pic that goes with it.
i thnk its great they didn't kill it. bloody magnificent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back