R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

Anyone know what his favourite beer was? will be buying a few of them in his honour...
no beer he didnt drink.

Yeah they'll probably portray them as man-hunting beasts exactly what Steve wouldn't want.
I saw the channel 7 news and they said they are peaceful creatures that dont attack unless provoked. I cant really see how you could make a sting ray look like it would attack anyone.

diamond_python said:
I didn't think you were being disrespectful. Just thought it needed a change now the facts have been made public. Thanks to whoever changed it.
I know and thanks to who changed it!

It's funny, when my grandmother passed on I didn't shed a tear. Then the closest friend to our family (she was going to raise me) passed on, again I didn't shed a tear. But now with the news of Steve, I am chocking up real bad.

at least steve passed doing what he love best

RIP STEVE

RIP Steve, What an absolutely tragic thing to happen. Up until 5 years ago I have been a pro fisherman in North Queensland for 15 years and know only too well the dangers of being hit by a sting ray .I have had one get me in the hand once and have removed their barbs on numerous occasions from wounded deckhands, the pain when you get stuck by one is absolutely excruciating. Steves death is very unusual way to die,especially from a sting ray barb which usually only manage to penetrate feet ,fingers or hands.
Approx 10 years back my mate who was a copper in Cooktown at the time attended a fatality near Princess Charlotte Bay in far Noth Qld . The deceased in this incident had died on a prawn trawler from a sting ray wound to the chest. This poor gentleman was by himself at the time and was killed whilst hauling his nets on to his boat .He was found days later and apparently the vessel had remained with the engine still engaged until it ran out of fuel.He was lying on the deck with the Ray close by and his catch rotting on the sorting tray.
So on rare occassions this type of event may occur but in Steves case the question is , "How did he get in a position especially under water to have a sting ray curl its tail over its own back and get him in the chest"?.
More facts on this event will no doubt come to light in the near future but on a parting note" Farewell Steve you will be missed and never forgotten.
Scott

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

Kyro said:
Just looked at current stories on 7, 9 & 10 websites & didn't see anything, think someone,s pulling your leg but hey, maybe not

Turn ya tv on, I wasnt guna believe it untill i seen it either, i had to watch it wit my own eyes too, i think we all wish they were pulling our leg

i have just spoken to my sister who was a favourite of steves[she worked at australia zoo till she was pregnant] she is going for the funeral
she is keen to take a few trancripts from fellow forum uses plz no crap
it will be placed in a capsule to be put to piece with steve

cheers phill

Take that back,just watched it on the news, his poor family
Read the whole thread

Steve Irwan is a Australian Legend and wont be forgoten...R.I.P

Does anyone have an address to which we can send flowers and/or cards to Aust Zoo staff and the Irwins?

:sad:

RIP Steve :( :(

I agree Sam id be into giving a donation to send Terri some flowers,also as a mark of respect our msn names have a turtle now in front of them,as small gesture for such a wonderfull aussie.

Odessa

I couldnt believe it today, like it wasnt real, but then watching the news tonite, it was all too real and I couldnt stop crying. I feel so bad for his wife and children, its just a tradegy. RIP Steve Irwin...

Condolences to Terri and the kids,

Truly a sad day for everyone,

He used to drive me spare with his antics; but all the same, Credit where Credit is due he was the best thing for Australian and World Conservation and Herpetology and will be missed by many.

RIP Steve :(

It is definately a DARK day for all animal enthusiasts alike. Steve Irwin was a wonderfully passionate person about ALL animals and has done some amazing work towards the conservation of our wildlife. Not to mention, broken down the silly old attitudes towards herps. My thoughts are with his entire family and anything short of a full state funeral would be an insult. He is such an icon and will be dearly missed. I am godsmacked. What a tragedy........... RIP Steve Irwin :cry:

poor steve you left this world to soon

REST IN PEACE
YOU ARE MY HERO

DAM STINGRAYS

:cry: a very tragic death, Steve will be sorely missed by the world!

I am in shock! I am drawing comfort from the fact Steve died doing what he loved most. Still so very, very sad.....

Deep condolences to Terry and the children.

Judy

Re: RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

craig.a.c said:
It's funny, when my grandmother passed on I didn't shed a tear. ..... But now with the news of Steve, I am chocking up real bad.

I'm exactly the same.
I'm so shocked, I too would like to know an address to send something..

its so strange to hear that someone famous like steve could just up and die.. it really makes you think.. i hope his family is coping alright... and they continue his legacy on by further helping our and other countries native fauna..
g's hehad a personality to him.. not one that everyone liked.. but everyone sure did know him.. and i think we can all agree he has done some great thing for animal conservation..

Megz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back