R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

My familys thoughts are with terry and the kids

RIP steve today Australia lost a true ledgend
He will be sorley missed

Steve Irwin R.I.P

He was certainly an important figure for conservation the world over, I don't think we will see many quite like him for some time yet.
It's a real shame he had to go so soon.

R.I.P Stevo

Kurtis Lindsay

I was 6 metres up a ladder when i received a text message from my brother around 2pm. I was in instant shock and immediately thought of Steve's wife and kids.

I just cant get my head around this. It's more of a shock to me than the death of Diana and September 11 put together.

I go to QLD herping every year for a couple months, and every year, I go to Australia zoo to see what has changed.. Last year Stave gave me a wave and hello as he went past on a 4 wheeler with his son on his lap. This years visit will not be the same. :(

Such a sad day for the wildlife community.. :cry:

**** i cant believe it i was heading there in 2 weeks.....lets just hope someone can carry on the legacy of the Zoo and his passion for Australia......RIP Steve, a true Aussie icon....

the media does not care who it hurts in order to get the scoop. i was lucky not to hear of my boyfriends death on the radio or tv, as i had them off at the time. i can only hope Terri does not find out in such an impersonal manner. love and condolences to her and the kids. Steve left us all a fantastic legacy in the form of Australia Zoo, as well as all the television specials that he did. he will be missed, but not forgotten.

His personality and enthusiasm might have grated on some, along with his support of Howard, but whatever else he was, he was fair dinkum in his love of Australian wildlife. He single handledly has done more for Australian Reptiles than anyone else, from taking money out of his own pocket, to increasing awareness.... his motives at least could never be questioned.
R.I.P to a top bloke and I hope that his good work continues.

Wow.. I just read hundreds of posts from you guys .. ( I actually skipped the last few pages it got too much) I cry for Steve, but I mostly cry for Terri and Bindi and Bob. Bob the most cause he will not have the memories the others do. Australia Zoo was where I held my first python and fell in love with them. I always loved his shows, he was the lovable aussie dickhead, he got you excited and passionate. As said previously, if it's a public funeral, I'll be there.

I had just finished watching one of his docos on animal planet and swithced to chnnel 9 news to see the headline story about him dying. I am gutted. I have always been a staunch supporter of Steve and I am devastated for his family and all who new him closely. It would leave a big hole in peoples lives to lose someone like Steve.

He was a bloody champion and as someone said earlier I will treasure my DVS all the more now. So long mate

:cry:

Hopefully this will spark many to become wildlife worriors like Steve, he did more for our eccology than any single person, he was a true aussie icon full of true aussie spirit.

R.I.P Steve, you are a Great Man and you will be missed by many.

Love him or hate him
Steve Irwin was a enthusiastic conservationist,
i respected him for that .

im not terribly sentimental but damn there goes a real man.........

Andrew Denton: A lot of people see you as this... this larger than life Steve Irwin, in some ways a one-dimensional, almost cartoon character. But what they, perhaps, don't know is you've bought huge tracts of land in Australia, Vanuatu, Fiji, US. Why have you done that?

Steve Irwin: I'm a conservationist through and through, Andrew. That's, er...that's why I was put on this planet, um, for the benefit of wildlife and wilderness areas. That's what I'm into. That's what makes me pumped, mate. That's what myself and Terry and our families have been all about.

from http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s960998.htm

Unbelievable!!! What are the freaking odds of THAT happening?! He was extremely popular in the U.S. - I don't know how many of my friends there have said "crikey" at one time or another. :lol: He was definitely a bit dramatic some (all) of the time, but hey, that was just part of his "schtick". Personally, I loved the guy. RIP Steve... :(

Love him or hate him…Steve was one of those people with a contagious enthusiasm for life and wildlife protection, I heard at work via sms that he had died and really didn’t believe it, it was confirmed just then by TV’s Today tonight and believe me a tear was shed…I feel sick that I have bagged the man at times but more sick that one of wildlife’s great ambassadors has passed away. Steve TV wildlife warrior awareness campaigns has no doubt been the most positive contributions to nature, and I am positive that his passion and legacy will continue for many years. I haven’t always seen eye to eye with Steve but I can tell you that once you have met him and worked with him you will always take something special away and for that Steve I thankyou. My deepest and sincere condolences to the Irwin family this is a huge shock to the world. Rest in Peace Steve and now you and your beautiful mother can look upon the Earth and see what your devotions have helped the worlds natural treasures…

Marc

R.I.P. Steve,
Condolences to his Dad, Wife and Children.
Sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back