R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Steve Irwin Dead???

R.I.P

OMG i still cannot believe it, he was my biggest fan and its so so sad for his family and also he could have had many more years being one of Australias largest icons.

i will miss him greatly, and i didnt even get to meet him (would of loved to meet him, im truely crying

i met the man once when i worked at seaworld, they had a sick dugong they couldnt work out what the prob was so they called staeve....we wwere like schoolkids all trying to get his attention and shake his hand, and you could see in his eyes he just wanted to look after the dugong....he looked like a father worried about one of his kids.....thats what he was, the godfather of his natural environment.....hope someone steps up to the plate to fill the void because we need someone like that in this country to remind people its not all about high rises and real estate and maximum mileage .....

I don't wish to hijack the thread, but not just one great aussie was lost today, but 2.

Colin Thiele, the author of Storm Boy also passed away.

Both Steve and Colin shared a special aspect of the world with us. Each in their own way shed a spark in the world, and the world seems just a little bit dimmer without them.

My condolences to both their families.

He was on the same flight as me when I first arrived in Australia. The only contact with the rest of the world when you live overseas. I was so surprised when I saw Him on the plane. I went to his zoo the first day I was here. I so would have loved to meet him. Your work in the field will be sorely missed. One of the few healthy idles for kids to look up to these days!

Australia & the World today lost a true hero of conservation. I'll remember Steve as someone who showed the public at large, that creatures such as snakes should not be feared, but respected and conserved. R.I.P Steve Iriwin

Chanty79

I've just walked through the door to here this truly sad, sad news.....i am in shock to say the least...
It hits home and makes one feel how very very fragile life is....Here was a man who lived his dream till the very end....I will always praise him for his genuine love and passion towards all animals....It is a real loss to Australians and the world alike. I humbly wish the best to his family and friends; my heart goes out to them...I'll now go and have a few drinks for a man i will always consider a true lover of our unique wildlife......
All the best Steve; you died doing what you love..... :(

a very talented, special man.
the world will miss him

its just so hard to sink it in! :eek:

I met Steve when i used to work at Featherdale Wildlife Park in Doonside..
We spent the entire day with him and i learnt more about our animals
then i had in my whole time working there. RIP Steve don't think anyone
will be able to replace you.
Condolences to his wife and children

the thought that he has gone! :(

Sufice to say that Steve Irwin accomplished in his short life with reptiles what anyone of us would only ever dream about

It's obvious Steve will be missed, a great guy. I am dissapointed I never got to visit his zoo while he was there

To all his family and friends stay strong.

Growing up on the Sunshine Coast, I'm sure I'm one of many that have visited his park so many times.

His park is one of the reasons I love snakes.

RIP Steve and I hope your family keeps your dream of conservation alive, one that you died trying to to.

everyone that uses msn are putting (tu) on there signatures....pass it on....respect

A good bloke who educated alot of people about our native wildlife. RIP steve, and god bless.

!!!

poor Steve. what a loss. he tried to show everyone that reptiles aren't all bad and to love and respect wildlife. he was a great ambassador for herp lovers.
i am so glad he managed to halt the appalling croc hunting idea for the NT (good one Howard, you loser). i am totally shocked by this.

RIP Mr Irwin :cry:

Maybe instead of sending flowers, we should all donate $10 to his wildlife conservation scheme thru aust zoo, i think he would have liked this better than flowers that will die in a few days.
JMO.
sil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back